Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggy virtual SCSI driver

Hi all out there.

As I was looking for a solution of my problem in this forum I found many possible ways, but none worked for me. So I consider it a (very, very bad) bug.

My OS is WinXP Prof. SP1.
    I am using DT 3.33 but also tried 3.29 and 3.26 (all three versions in every described situation) and Nero 5.5.10.28. I actually have installed a HP DVD burner ( 300n );
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    but that's an IDE device, so there should be no problem with the SCSI driver of DT. I don't have any other SCSI devices installed.

I use a USB memory stick sometimes which is accessed like a SCSI device, but I never used it when trying to get DT running.

The Problem:
    After installing DT it works. Fine so far. After rebooting, the virtual SCSI device says it could not be started. D-Tools are exiting with "Virtual SCSI driver ot found." when I try to start them.

When I re-install the drivers manually (hardware-manger, scsi device, properties, re-install driver [as I have the german version i don't know how it's called in english ], manually select driver, Wolfblafasel, the device can start without any further error. I can start DT manually and it works.
    After another reboot I have to reinstall the driver again before starting DT.

Is there any slightest chance to get that driver running without re-installing it after every single reboot?

If you need any extra information, just ask.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Sebastian <-- slightly nerved by this, because b4 the reinstall of my system everything worked fine with 3.26

Exactly the same problem is reported by many people, including myself. But there is one thing I must mention, that this exact same problem exists for me with with Alchohol 120%. It is not only with Daemon Tools. There is some kind of conflict going on when trying to install a virtual drive using XP/SP1, I don't know what causes it.

8)

Comment

The really odd thing is that for example the Nero ImageDrive is working without problems, and with XP SP1 I once had DT running smooth.

Another strange thing is that this error is reported in the most cases after a reinstall of the OS, while people with an old installation don't have problems.

Comment

Can you check if drivers need (pnp*.sys, st*.sys) are listed in C:\windows\system32\drivers? As well, check C:\windows\inf for oem???.inf files.

Comment

@ PhoenixHawk, now fixed for me, may work for you

Comment

Working...
          X