daemon tools causes bios unable to detect slave hdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon tools causes bios unable to detect slave hdd

i got 2 hdd with partitions C:, D: (1st hdd), F: (2nd hdd) , E: (CDRW drive) G: (virtual drive by daemon tools)

i am trouble shooting my pc so i disconnect my 2 hdd and put in a spare hdd.

when i finish trouble shooting, i disconnected the spare hdd and put in the orinal 2 hdd.

to my horror, the bios cannot detect the 2nd hdd( F: ) my computer doesn't show F: drive either.

i uninstall daemon tools already but have errors. so i install again and remove it without errors. but the problem still exists. the virtual drive is removed but the problem remains.

how to solve??

For sure not by un- and re-installing Daemon Tools, as this issue is for sure NOT caused by Daemon Tools.
    Check BIOS settings for your 2nd hdd - maybe the spare hdd settings are still in cmos, thus causing the problem. Set related setting to auto detect (if possible). Also check correct cable and jumper settings.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks for the quick reply, i had the settings on auto detect but the problem still exists. the hdd activity light is also not working. i had narrow down to a few possibilities and as i had repeated failed installations of the latest daemon tools (4.03). i tried uninstalling 4.03 and the error says along the lines of "open file handles". the only version that worked with me (both install and uninstall) was 3.47

Comment

If the hdd is not detected on BIOS level, Daemon Tools can NOT be the cause.
        If possible try to connect it to another computer, and as already suggested check the data cable, too. May be it is not connected correctly.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks for your help, i see what you meant. i will try to reconnect everything again.

Comment

Working...
          X