removing virtual drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing virtual drive

I recently uninstalled alcohol and Dtools, but found that I still have a virtual drive listed. Under device manager it goes, extended PnP BIOS Enumerator->SCSI/RAID Host Controller->Generic DVDROM SCSI CdRom Device. I try uninstalling them, but they always come back after a reboot, and trying to uninstall the extended PnP BIOS enumerator freezes the computer. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers of previous installation, reboot after the procedure.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

hmm, thanks for the pointer and I think I understand the problem better now, but I don't see the drivers listed in the thread in my system32/drivers folder. I did find dtscsi.sys, but deleting it doesn't help. I can uninstall SCSI/RAID Host Controller, but attempts to uninstall extended PnP BIOS Enumerator under system devices always hangs the computer, and after reboot, the SCSI/RAID Host Controller comes back. Can anyone tell me what the equivilent drivers are called in alcohol?, or what drivers would go with the generic Generic DVDROM SCSI CdRom Device?

Comment

The SCSI Host Controller belongs to v4.0x, the PnP BIOS Extension is leftover of v3.4x - so do you want to uninstall both versions?
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

hmm, I thought I posted a reply a few days ago, guess it disappeared. I found out which drivers the drive was using by going to properties in device manager, they were something like uscs109.sys and another one that I forget. I followed the instructions and deleted them and the corresponding registry entries under services, but subsequent attempts to delete the pnp bios extension in device manager after reboot continues to hang my computer despite the fact that it couldn't load its drivers and has the yellow exclamation point over it. Is there some way of deleting it manually?

Comment

Working...
          X