Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Pioneer CD/DVD drive.

Hello everyone.

I am currently experiencing issues with my Pioneer CD-RW/DVD-RW drive. It's a DVR-109. The problem I am experiencing it's his inability to read damaged disks. Even very lightly damaged one. For instance, I cannot install my C&C Generals with it, but it works fine with anything else. Yes, I have an other CD drive, but it's over 10 years old and it runs only CDs at 6x.

I looked everywhere for a fix to this issue but could'nt find anything. I updated my drivers but din't change anything. Any ideas ?
    Salut а tous !

My experience with Pioneer DVD writers is that they don't seem to have a very long working life, I have had versions 107, 108, 109 & now 111D the longest lasting drive I have had is 13 months which was the 109. Whilst they are very good drives when they are working they don't seem to last very long.

Version 107 packed up after 10 months so that was replaced under warranty with the 108, the 108 lasted about 8 months, I then bought another 108 which again only lasted about 10 months that was replaced under warranty with a 109. The 109 started writing errors 1 month ago so I'm now on a 111D which I must admit was very cheap at Ј23.95.

So if you've had the drive for almost a year or more & you use it on a daily basis I would say it's time for a new drive, at Ј23.95 for the 111D you cannot complain

Comment

Working...
    X