Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 3.33 - Windows XP SP1 problems

Hello!

I have been using Daemon Tools 3.23 without problems, then installed version 3.33 today after uninstalling the previous one. When mounting an image, Windows XP SP1 crashed immediately. I went back to the Windows logon, and was able to log in without problems. All my programs loaded, including the new DT, but from then on I couldn't do anything else anymore. Whatever I tried to start, Windows would just sit there. The hd light was hardly flashing, so it didn't look like there was a lot of usage, but the system acted like there was. Several reboots (reset button on pc, because I couldn't access the restart button) didn't help.

I was able to log in as a different user on the system, where I was told that Windows recovered from a serious error which was ASPI driver related (then version 4.69 I believe, I upgraded to 4.71.2 immediately, but even then after another reboot I couldn't access anything using the other user logon). Everything worked fine on the alternative user side, and I uninstalled DT from there. Afterwards everything was back to normal, and I could use my regular user logon again.

I've got Nero 5.51050 installed, no other cd emulators, and am not using Easy CD Creator.

That's all I can tell you at this point.
    Thanks!
    Jael

Do you have minidump (in Windows\minidump folder) you can send us for further analysis?
    Also disable the automatic reboot in case of BSOD.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Copytrooper, thanks for your reply!

I sent an email with the file to andareed.

I just searched google for the automatic reboot settings, because I had no idea how to go about that. I guess that's also why my pc never shuts down, just reboots when I try to shut it down. I'll look at this more tomorrow, and disable it then.

Thanks again!
      Jael

Comment

Working...
      X