LOTR Return of the King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTR Return of the King

I need to make a backup copy of my original disks and was wondering if anyone found a way to make a succesful copy of the "play disk". My current attempts at making a image result in the "Insert original disk" error message.

Thanks for the help.

What is the game protected by?

Comment

I was hoping someone here could tell me. I do not know how to find that information out. I tried SecureROM NEW 4x using ALCH 120, but that did not work, it didn't even finish reading the disk.

Comment

Download clonyxxl and scan your disc.

Comment

Thanks for hint. ClonyXXL says the CD is using SafeDisc v2.9. I tried using the SafeDisc 2 option within alcohol 120 and all I got was lots of disc read errors.

Any ideas?

Comment

Comment

Bad sectors are part of the copy protection mechanism SafeDisc consists of, shortly after sector 10.000 they should stop (definitely before 11.000).

So just keep going or try speeding things up with Andareed's link (see above)...
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

So just let it keep reading with all the errors and wait for it to finish? Ok, I will try that. I am assuming it can take hours then?

To be specific the errors I am recieving are:

Disc read error at: 854

At the time of this posting it was up to 1020.

I did read the post recommened about the fast dumping method, but it is a little confusing to me.

Comment

I was able to create a image using safedisc, but it still is asking for the original disc when I have the imaged alchohol created mounted using Daemon tools.

Do I have any other options for creating a image that the game will read when it's mounted with Daemon tools?

Comment

Even though clony says 2.9, the game may be safedisc 3.1 protected. In which case you should try to create your image and make sure to read sub-channel data.

Comment

i also am trying to make a image for my disk and it is not working with safedisk 2. any ideas

Comment

This is a new version of Safedisc - you need to read subchannels, too, while creating the image. Then you can play from the mounted image. Burning however won't work as far as I've tested.
                        The EMF-option is not working anymore - anyway I've heard a copy will work if you have a burner that doesn't need the EMF correction. But I can't confirm that - I own such a burner but it won't work.

Comment

Hello
                          I have made images that work fine from Return of the king.
                          Made the images with alcohol 120& safedisc 2 setting.Alcohol version was not the latest, but the one before. Images first didn't work, later I upgraded to latest version and installed game from original discs and after that the game worked from the images.

:roll:

Comment

use clonyxxl to scan set deamon to securom burn with clone cd
                            idid it last night, copied play disc fires up fine use backed up play disc to play Try it :? like to know how u go good luk :roll:

Comment

Originally Posted by gamesfreak
                              Hello
                              I have made images that work fine from Return of the king.
                              Made the images with alcohol 120& safedisc 2 setting.Alcohol version was not the latest, but the one before. Images first didn't work, later I upgraded to latest version and installed game from original discs and after that the game worked from the images.

:roll:
                              Little update:
                              When making the image, safedisc 2/3 setting is not enough, allso subchannel sectors should be read, on ALL 3 discs, or you won't be able to install from images.
                              Mounting with daemon or alcohol 120% works fine then

Comment

Working...
                              X