Command & Conquer ZERO HOUR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command & Conquer ZERO HOUR

I have had ZERO HOUR dor a couple of weeks still does not work. returned Game and got a replacement and guess what still does not work. I have had several chats with EA GAMES SUPPORT, changed various settings to no avail. I even tried 4 different Cd DRIVES, still no joy. error message reads

PLEASE INSERT THE CORRECT CD AND RESTART THE APPLICATION

I know that it is the copy protection that is causing the problem (SAFEDISC 2) Anybody have any suggestions?

SYSTEM SPEC:
    XP HOME inc ServicePack 1
    Pent 4 2.0 Gig
    Gefoece 4 MX440
    768 RD Ram (Rambus Memory)
    LG GCC-4120B DVD/CDRW
    LG GCC-4320B DVD/CDRW
    Teac cd-w552E CD/CDRW
    SEAGATE (Silent 7200) 60 Gig Hardisc (two of them)

Do you have DAEMON Tools, Alcohol 120%, CloneCD or similar programs installed that create virtual CD drives? They might be blacklisted, especially in older versions...
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have tried all the software that you have suggested but still no luck, thanks anyway.

Comment

EA games often store the install drive in registry or .ini-files - so either install from image, or search for registry entries and/or .ini-files containing related info. Moreover some games start from the drive with lowest drive letter only.
        If the game ist protected by SafeDisc 3.10.x you'll have to wait for next Daemon Tools version, 'cause the virtual drives are blacklisted.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

i have the same exact problem and it is driving me insane. How long until the next version will be released?

Comment

I have no idea when or even if Daemon will realse an updated version.As for EA Games Support they offered me my money back BIG DEAL if all i wanted was my money back I would have had it by now. I want to play the bloddy game. If you manage to sort out Zero Hour please share the cure, i will of course do likewise.

Jim

Comment

the game won't work if you have cloneCD installed with virtual drive .... even if you try to run the game from your original CD you'll get exactly this message. On my PC i had to remove fully cloneCD (remove virtual drive was not enough).

It works on my PC:
              * make an image with blindwrite last ver 4 (ver 5 + daemon 3.43 drives to the same message => ?? )
              perform physical description ( roughly 20hours with Polaroid BurnMax48 writer )
              * install and play through daemon 3.33

Comment

Ive just started new thread on this, got same problem & also with BF1942. If no-one else knows way around then best option is either to completely reinstall windows or dual-boot with another copy of winxp or win2k. Just a pain when u have to restart ure comp to play a game, not to mention the reinstalling of drivers etc. urgh

Comment

Working...
                X