Software for burning pictures on CD data side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for burning pictures on CD data side

Very often when I burn CDs I use not the full space (for example burn only 300MB)/ Visually one part of the CD differs from the other... I think everybody noticed that. It would be great to burn more data in the way to form any graphic pictures or text (CD-Title) on the Data-side. No need in Markers!!! Just a look on the other side! Can anybody recommend such a program? Or do they exist?

It is possible to "tattoo" a CD, however it is not software-based (at least not only).
    Yamaha had the same idea as you some weeks or months ago and released the CRW-F1 with the so-called DiscT@2 (say "disctattoo") feature. This does exactly what you are asking for.

With normal CD-R(W) drives, this is unfortunately not possible.

Sergei
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

As far as I know Yamaha burns data and the picture at the same place. I don't know how exactly they do this (probably uses 2 layers);
      INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
      but i want place the picture in the UNUSED, free space on a simple CD-R. Why is not it possible? We only need to write some data at the desired place and no more.

Comment

NO! This Disct@2 isn't mixed up with the original content. In fact, the Yamaha offers EXACT the function that you're looking for. It's impossible to write sensefull data and the tattoo at the same place, a CD-R isn't multilayercapable and even if some manufacturer creates anytime such media, you need new burners cause this requires new Laserpickup (means: new burners)

And this function couldn't be realized through software only, you need special circuits to do so.

Comment

if you want make the pic in the unused place you need a YAMAHA writer
          if you have one and don't know how to do it consult your manual or yamaha.com

Comment

bjblaszkowicz wrote:
            if you want make the pic in the unused place you need a YAMAHA writer
            Yes, bjblaszkowicz, 2 Guys above your post already found out that :mrgreen:

Comment

This new technology was developed by Yamaha's optical storage engineers, which allows the laser to tattoo graphics, text and designs onto the unused outer portion of any CD-R disc. Over a decade of research has been invested in achieving the absolute precision necessary to make this innovative process a reality. DiscT@2 is made possible through Yamaha's industry-leading control of key elements of recording including: 1) tracking; 2) rotation; 3) laser intensity and positioning. The DiscT@2 feature is a true showcase of Yamaha's technology leadership in the CD-R/RW industry.

taken from: http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4210
              DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

Comment

sry for the double post :oops:
                DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

Comment

thats ok, it's fixed now

Comment

Thanks to all, who answered and recommended Yamaha writer. But I do not still understand WHY common recorders can not write something on unused space and what circuits are needed for the purpose. I do not need "high" quality pictures, just some letters. It is clear that the answer is in understanding the process of CD creation, but maybe somebody can explain in a few words :wink: ? Or give a good link....

Thank you!

Comment

I think you have noticed that the part containing data on a CDR reflects the light differently than the part without data which I think made you ask your question.

The problem is that usual burners are not made for burning only to specified places on the disc while leaving other places free - classic burning means starting in the innermost part of the disc and burning until all the data is written or until eventually the outermost part is reached.

Burning images however means to switch on the laser and switch it off again - which usual burners are not made for (at least that's how I understand all this).

Apart from that, you'll need a special software to calculate which parts of the disc need the laser to be switched on and which parts of the disc need it to be switched off. And I've never heard of such a tool - as I said before, I doubt that it's even possible to do so which might be an explanation for why there is no such tool.

I hope this helps you understand this a bit better (although it is not technically exact at all... )

Sergei
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                      X