• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restart Problem WinME (3.43)

Operating System: Win ME
    Burning Software: CloneCD, FantomCD
    Anti-virus Software: NAV 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43

After I installed the version 3.43 of D-Tools Windows restarting, but it shows only a black screen and nothing happens, so when I restart again there's a black screen again. It didn't happen on version 3.41. I'm not using Easy CD Craetor or Nero on this Computer. Right now I can't longer start Windows under Normal mode, please help me ? :cry:

You're probably facing the pnphlp.vxd bug - try to boot into safe mode, rename/delete pnphlp.vxd, then un-install Daemon Tools, and use previous version - this bug will be fixed with next Daemon Tools version.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      You're probably facing the pnphlp.vxd bug - try to boot into safe mode, rename/delete pnphlp.vxd, then un-install Daemon Tools, and use previous version - this bug will be fixed with next Daemon Tools version.
      Is this pnphlp.vxd coming from D-Tools, any other program or windows itself ?

Comment

It is a small helper vxd that allows Daemon Tools driver load in 9x OS.

Comment

Btw try v3.44 - it should fix the problem.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Another restart problem appears on v3.44. After finishing installation on the 2nd restart, windows goes to locks up with a "System Halted" messages before entering desktop. Any suggestion ?

Comment

Another restart problem appears on v3.44. After finishing installation on the 2nd restart, windows goes to locks up with a "System Halted" messages before entering desktop. Any suggestion ?

Comment

Win98SE will not reboot

Operating System: P3 1MHz, Win98SE (french).
                Burning Software: Blindwrite 5 and CopyToCD (both registered);

Discjuggler (trial)
                Anti-virus Software: F-Prot
                DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43 - 3.44

Dear support,
                I have a problem with DT343 (I was using DT341 without problems).
                I have no error messages when I install DT343, but after rebooting (the installer asked for);

while Windows startup (still in text mode);

I get 'Erreur de protection Windows. Vous devez redémarrer votre ordinateur.' (e.g. 'Windows protection error. Reboot your computer')
                And each time I reboot, I get the same error. The only solution is deinstalling DT343, and reinstalling DT341.
                I have the same problem with DT344.

My system :
                P3 1MHz, Win98SE (french).
                Installed burning software : Blindwrite 5 and CopyToCD (both registered);

Discjuggler (trial).
                Recent drivers in IOSUBSYS : PcAtip.vxd, PCOUFFIN.VXD, pfc.vxd.

Comment

Working...
                X