Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid Device message with 3.44

Operating System: Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 1
    Burning Software: Easy CD Creator 5 with latest update (never given me any trouble before and I have used Daemon tools for some time)
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2002 (not running in the background) - only so I can perform a manual scan if I want to.
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I have switched off auto-start in daemon-tools and now, when I start it up manually, I receive a message saying invalid device. If I start it a second time, it works.
    When I installed it, I was prompted to restart as normal. Then, after restarting, I was prompted to restart again. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to see if this happened again and it did, only my computer locked up when the second restart message was displayed.

Just to let you know, you're not alone.

I get it too.

Comment

@LIGHTNING UK!:
      Is this XP problem only? I checked 2k and no invalid device problem.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Well im running 2003 so I guess its both.

Comment

I've got Windows XP Home and Nero 7. I installed D-Tools and it run ok, but now when I start Windows there is a message that say "Invalid device", click OK and I can use D-Tools perfectly.

I think I must be because I installed Alcohol 120, because before install this program, the message didn't appear. But now I haven't Alcohol install...

I can use D-Tool, but this windows "invalid device" is very troublesome...

Thank (and excuse my english...)

Comment

Working...
          X