where is it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is it ?

is a new yasu release imminent ? dt is now usless for safedisc. i have several new release safedisc games that can not play from dt vd. ....unless i disconnect the drive physically. one of my current drives is a sata version so i can't do it from the bios. anyway with my next mb all my drives will have to be sata interface. ...and no doubt in months to come most people will only have sata drives and a little after that sata will be the norm interface for all dvd drives. safedisc is not going anywhere anytime soon.

and i know i have to write the following for some people: read carefully what i wrote. do not mention dt pro advanced.

I know that sYk0 still works on YASU. So I guess there will be a new release, soon.
    MfG, Benni

Mail: benni@copybase.org
    IRC: #dt & #copybase at irc.copybase.org

Comment

well theres no need for it currently is there, i thought the l8st dt got past all the blacklists...
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I know that sYk0 still works on YASU. So I guess there will be a new release, soon.
        but given sYk0 was involved in a car accident (explained on Alcohol customer forums), I doubt it coming soon....

Comment

I don't know that post, but to avoid strange rumors:
          He was not seriously hurt. The reason he mentioned it was that the other driver did a hit-and-run. It's -- AFAIK -- nothing "more" than a financial loss (I know, this is bad, but the most important thing is that sYk0 is fine).
          MfG, Benni

Mail: benni@copybase.org
          IRC: #dt & #copybase at irc.copybase.org

Comment

well financial loss and bad shoulder i think.. haven't spoken to syk0 in a while - his inet connection is also 'on and off' ... hope he's ok tho... but i think everyone should wait and stop doing the 'i need a new yasu/blah blah' because (to me) it seems very unfair on syk0.. where people seem to give a shit more about the program than the developer... sad state of affairs

Comment

Taking donations to replace the auto?
              It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

well afaik he wasnt responsible for the crash but it was a hit n run, so could be tricky.. insurance wise... i just wish him well in recovery... and lets forget about yasu for the time being and send him our wishes instead?

Comment

good idea... where to send them? just here on the forum??

Syk0 I hope that the recovery goes well.
                  Wish you good luck,

greetings chrashoverraid

Comment

well, we could make a 'get well soon syk0' thread for it, or we could pm him (could piss him off having tons of pm's with the same thing though)...

Comment

don't pm him... his inbox will be full then.
                      New thread will be very good idea i think
                      youre idea, so youre thread

Comment

I tried to access the last "official" Y.A.S.U. homepage at http://yasu.copybase.ch/ but it's just and empty page. It has been over one year now and still no new Y.A.S.U. ? Can this be explained in any meaningful way ?

Comment

simple, there is no new yasu currently the last one was released, then syk0 was in a car accident and 'out of action' for a while, he's working on something else currently, and probably has not got much free time to continue projects...

so quit whining and be patient, after all he's coding it for free...

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                            so quit whining and be patient, after all he's coding it for free...
                            So in your book, if something is free, then one must never criticize it - no matter what.? That's not really normal. It's OK to say things about free stuff. (Maybe in Europe they frown upon it ?!) Y.A.S.U. was last released over one year ago - an eternity in computer life. An it's not Y.A.S.U. per se, rather that without it's frequent updates of yesteryear, DT is very lacking. So we have no Y.A.S.U. for over a year and DT updates are quarterly at best. Is there an arbitrary number of games that blacklist DT before it's updated ?

Comment

Originally Posted by BobJustBob View Post
                              Is there an arbitrary number of games that blacklist DT before it's updated ?
                              Of course its ok to criticise us, DT, Yasu or whatever, as
                              long as good language, no personal insults or similar issues are
                              involved. Plain and simple.

To answer your other question when we release new updates:
                              Please take notice that we (alot of us) had holidays. Before and
                              after holidays, we all focused on our customer-releases,
                              especially DT Pro/Adv.. this has higher priority for us currently.
                              When Syk0 will have the time, he will for sure post an update
                              here or even a new YASU version soon.
                              In general I can say that requests about releasedates are
                              ignored by most developers, including us. This is intentional,
                              as we made bad experiences to post about datelines and
                              then - in case we missed it - got blamed, why should we
                              therefore tell anymore release-dates?

What evlcrn8 meaned is not a personal insult, he only want
                              to point out that you receive all this service for free and
                              while you have the right to criticise, you must use other
                              scales here in the free soft area as you could use in the
                              commercial area. And this is imho indeed true. If you need
                              better support, consider to purchase a product in that area,
                              there are enough solutions out there, DT Pro is only one of
                              them so you have more than enough possibilities.

At least this is what I would do, so this is only my personal
                              opinion...

Comment

Working...
                              X