Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CloneCD and Safedisc V2.8

I have read this on a burnin homepage (www.tccd.de) ---->
    (''Sehr gutes Brennprogramm zum erstellen von Sicherheitskopien.
    Ab Version 4.2.0.1 Savedisc 2.8 mit den Standart Einstellungen " Kopiergeschützte Games") English: (''A Very good Copy prog to create backupcopys. Now, the version 4.2.0.1 supports Savedisc 2.8 with the default properties ''copyprotected games''.

????
    DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

so what's your question?

Sergei
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by Sergei.Gradski
      so what's your question?

Sergei
      I thought that CloneCD wouldn't be able to burn perfect copys with Safedisc 2.8... for example:

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
      Latest CloneCD cannot make PERFECT copies of SD2.8. If it does they will not work on all drives. So if it works for you then you are happy.
      Alcohol DOES it.
      DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

Comment

The ad doesn't say it makes perfect copies, it just says that it is possible to make copies of SD2.8 protected games.

Which apparently is true - you can make copies under certain circumstances...

Sergei
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Current version of clonecd is not reliable for making backup copies of safedisc 2.8 protected games. Copies made on my Ltr-24102b only work from my dvd and then only if hide cd media is enabled. Curious, since my dvd cannot read an atip.

Both alcohol and the combination of discdump and fireburner, however, can reliably make fully working copies of sd 2.8 protected cds with any 2 sheep writer.

Comment

no problem here

I've got zero problesm with SD 2.8 and clonecd 4.x

Just make sure you have a drive that reads EFM correctly and do NOT enable amplify weak sectors.
            This is for drivers that CANNOT do correctly EFM reads.

However that darn securom 4.8x is a pain in the b...
            Sven Bent - Denmark

Comment

First: If no idea, if current (!) Version of CCD is able to make 100% workimg copies of SafeDisc2.8.

In the past, the reason to enable the "Hide CD-R" Media- Option is the fact, that CCD only emulates the new functions of SD2.8 and therefore the CD-Tray-Prog. is needed to start such copies. SD2.8 have additional Signature in Pre-Gap.

Alcohol f.e. makes 100% working copies on all drives, as long as you burn them with a 100% compatible "efm"- burner, like LiteOn's.

Just make sure you have a drive that reads EFM correctly
              EVERY CD-ROM is able to perform efm correctly, otherwise it's impossible to read CD-ROMS.

Try to start games with SafeDisc2.8 from PC's that didn't have Clone-CD-Tray-Program installed, you surely be surprised!

However, you're right, in my sight of view every Protection is annoying :lol:

Comment

Re: no problem here

Originally Posted by Sven Bent
                Good for you but if you read my previous post you will see I used the term "not reliable". It works with some 2 sheep writers and not with others (including mine). (And no, I did not enable either AWS or emulate weak sectors when attempting to copy sd 2.8 protected games with ccd.)

Comment

It would appear that in the latest Clone CD you no longer have to have the CCD icon in the task bar for the Hide CDR Media to be enabled.
                  If you make a copy in Clone CD using the EWS option which relies on Hide CDR Media, you will be able to enable Hide CDR Media and exit the CCD Tray. The backup will still work. If you reactivate the CCD Tray and disabled Hide CDR Media and exit, you will not be able to work the backup using EWS.

Comment

that don't impressed me much, this only means that hide-cdr-driver is now invisible but is still there, the really important question is, is CCD able to create full working backups even of SafeDisc 2.8 and does this images run on computers without CCD or CCD-related stuff installed?

The "feature" you mentioned seems only of cosmetic nature. But I'm not sure, so feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                      that don't impressed me much, this only means that hide-cdr-driver is now invisible but is still there, the really important question is, is CCD able to create full working backups even of SafeDisc 2.8 and does this images run on computers without CCD or CCD-related stuff installed?

The "feature" you mentioned seems only of cosmetic nature. But I'm not sure, so feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.
                      Yes it is invisible (a bit like Alcohol's RMPS I would think). BUT, provided you disable Hide CDR Media prior to exiting the CCD Tray from the taskbar nothing invisible remains.
                      To your question about Safedisc 2.8 being a 1:1 backup with Clone CD, I would have to say yes. Both my Lite-Ons are able to copy Safedisc 2.8 just fine in Clone CD. All ATIP hiding/blocking functions are disabled (Hide CDR Media/Ignore media type);
                      INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                      and the backup will work in my regular DVD Rom.
                      Whether Clone CD intended the Hide CDR Media to be like this remains to be seen. It makes them look better though doesnt it. lol

Comment

Maybe this's been elaborated elsewhere so forgive me if it has.

Like Blindwrite, CloneCD will write emu code onto the CD-R, the "Emulate" function. Unlike Blindwrite, a program is needed to run the CloneCD emu code. The Hide CD-R Media feature of CloneCD does more than that - it executes the emu written onto the CD-R.
                        Hell Hath No Fury Like ASPI Abused

Comment

Originally Posted by slydog
                          Maybe this's been elaborated elsewhere so forgive me if it has.

Like Blindwrite, CloneCD will write emu code onto the CD-R, the "Emulate" function. Unlike Blindwrite, a program is needed to run the CloneCD emu code. The Hide CD-R Media feature of CloneCD does more than that - it executes the emu written onto the CD-R.
                          The only trouble is that people get dodgy backups even when EWS is disabled, whereby a backup requires Hide CDR Media even when playing from a non ATIP reading drive. I don't have this problem. Call me lucky or whatever. Some sort of bug where Clone CD writes this "Emu" data to the CD even if it is disabled....

Comment

Working...
                          X