I have an interesting problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an interesting problem!!!

I have noticing lately that all 700 MB discs burned on my CD/DVD burner have not been readable on that drive. Let me explain. The burner is working just fine. I know this because I have a USB external CD-ROM drive and I am able to view the contents in Windows Explorer. This is all media types that I put in it burned from the burner I mentioned.

Then I put those same discs that I just burned (both contain the same files) in the burner and using Windows Explorer, I can view the files from the 650 MB disc, while the 700 MB disc is totally unviewable. I don't even see the volume name.

I am not sure where to start looking for the solution to this problem. That is where I need the help. I worry that this is a XP SP2 problem, but I can't be sure when the problem started. I don't like the idea of removing SP2. It seems to be working fine for me. So, where do I start, software or hardware. Windows OS or applications. Could it be Daemon Tools causing my problem? Thanks for your help. :?
    Don\'t sweat the small stuff.

dont know why, but try it with a firmware update for your cd burner.

And please give some information about the burner, like manufactor, firmwareversion and so on.

Comment

updates

try to update drivers or burner,

Comment

The darnest thing has happened. A week or 2 after posting this message, I noticed that everything I stated was going haywire with my burned had cleared up. I did nothing but reboot several times during this period. My suspision is that I had been trying to use another USB external burner during this time and had somehow conflicted with my normal burner. Someday I will try to duplicate and solve why this happened. Thanks for your input.
        Don\'t sweat the small stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X