CMD Line Discovery Of Drive Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD Line Discovery Of Drive Letters

Can you find out the drive letter of a mounted device from the command prompt. It is so I can allow a batch file to run a program from a mounted CD without having to use a static drive letter, which could cause problems on PCs with different hardware.

If this is or isnt possible or someone can think of a better methods please let me know.

Just like to say,
    I work in the ICT support department of a large school in the UK. We are hoping to use Daemon tools extensively in our school and also in our primary school cluster. So I would just like to say thanks for making this excellent program free to educational institutes, its a god send.

You may try with the Vdesk & BTEWin package (get it from my homepage).

The following variables and variable functions are supported by the BTEWin's script language in the Daemon Tools' area :

%_DAEMONDRIVES : Number of CD/DVD drives currently emulated by Daemon Tools.

%@DAEMONLETTER[device] : Returns the drive letter corresponding to the given device. Requires Daemon Tools to work.
    %@DAEMONIMAGE[device] : Returns the image that is currently mounted on the given device. It will only return an image name if it is mounted and ready to use, i.e. not ejected. Example: if (compare "%@DAEMONIMAGE[0]"="") messagebox There's no image mounted on drive %@DAEMONLETTER[0]

Read the license and the documentation for further details.

Comment

Working...
    X