Farstone Virtual Drive 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farstone Virtual Drive 9

I have been a happy user of Daemon Tools and Alcohol for some time.

My new GPU came bundled with Farstone Virtual Drive 9. Being content with my current setup, and somewhat sceptical of a CD Emulator needing 100 MB of disk space, I humbly ask my fellow forum members:

Do You have any experiences with Virtual Drive 9? Good? Bad? Ugly?

i recived Version 7 with my GPU a while back and only installed it as i had to try and reproduce a problem between Alcohol and Farstone Virtual Drive but what i saw from the program didnt impress me at all.
    { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

I have no problem with Farstone Virtual Drive 9. it is good software.

Comment

I gave the program a try, but it doesn't even work. I created a single virtual drive, but the program listed it as a real drive.

I created an image of Myst V and tried to mount it, but the program won't let me (it thinks the virtual drive is a real one). The image format seems to be compatible to Alcohol, since Alcohol v1.9.5 detected DPM data in the image. I even mounted it in the Alcohol/Dtools virtual drive. But the game didn't start, not because of blacklisting, since I worked around that with QuickMount, but because the DPM data was bad.

To sum it up: the program doesn't work.
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

I haven't tried out Myst V yet, but it has securom protection; it should work with VirtualDrive; try choosing another option when you create your image file...I think its the Other Protected CD Type - New Securom option.

If VirtualDrive recognizes one of your virtual drives as a physical drive, try uninstalling the drive from Device Manager. You can also go to View-Drives and try changing the drive letter; this should resolve the problem.

I'm using VirtualDrive Pro 10 and there's a lot of new features in this; I think that could be the reason for the large file size. Haven't encountered any problems with it so far.

Comment

Does VD10 help with starforce by any chance? As in could I use a Splinter Cell CT image instead of my cd?

Comment

VD10 might emulate starforce discs --but only for older versions of starforce. It won't work with SCCT.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Yeah. There newest version had StarForce on it, although I haven't been able to get it to work....

Comment

Working...
                X