windows clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows clock

i cannot get my system clock to set the right time , windows will update it then 15 seconds later it reverts to half an hour to fast , i remember installing and trying some software that asked me if i would like the clock settings to be locked and i said yes , BUT LIKE AN IDIOT I FORGOT WHAT SOFTWARE , i have cleaned the registry and everything and the only thing i can think of next is to fresh install windows but this seems a bit severe

please help

This is off-topic all-right...

Have you checked the clock in your BIOS? Did you set Windows to the right time zone? Has this happened on more than one Windows installation (i.e. before and after reinstalling Windows)?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

the bios clock keeps changing aswell and this is the first time it has happened ( just do not want to freshh install ) time zones are fine

Comment

If youre using Windows XP take a look at the Time / Date Settings -> Internettime

Maybe theres a wrong Time Zone selected and so it updates it automatically once you set the Time manually.

Or try just disabling the Internet Time Synchronization.
        When life gives you lemons squeeze them in people's eyes and run!

Comment

try to sychnorize the time. think that'll do the trick

Comment

Maybe your BIOS battery is empty?
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              Maybe your BIOS battery is empty?
              What NetSoerfer said is correct, if the Bios time keeps changing this most likely has to do with the CMOS battery. If you also have experienced a system slowdown lately coupled with the time problem then this is most likely the culprit. Not only can you lose the time settings in BIOS but your front side bus can switch back to default.

Comment

Originally Posted by Xristaki
                What NetSoerfer said is correct, if the Bios time keeps changing this most likely has to do with the CMOS battery. If you also have experienced a system slowdown lately coupled with the time problem then this is most likely the culprit. Not only can you lose the time settings in BIOS but your front side bus can switch back to default.
                Thats not nesisarily true, the BIOS time will change any time windows updates it. remeber any OS can modify the BIOS time.

The battery being dead would be a problem, let say it is reseting to the default set time for when the motherboard is first configured. Also if the battery was dead then the system configuration in the CMOS would be lost whenever the system was turned off. It wouldnt have any running problems because the battery is only used to keep the CMOS chip powered.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hakira
                  Thats not nesisarily true, the BIOS time will change any time windows updates it. remeber any OS can modify the BIOS time.
                  4 years later and a Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems and still I learn something new every day. I always thought the Bios governs and parents the OS system clock. Didn't know the OS can overwrite the BIOS clock. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Xristaki
                    4 years later and a Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems and still I learn something new every day. I always thought the Bios governs and parents the OS system clock. Didn't know the OS can overwrite the BIOS clock. Thanks for clearing that up.
                    Hey, If Im wrong Im sorry, I just noticed that every time I do a motherboard install or CMOS reset. Windows and Linux set the clock on the motherboard to whatever is in the OS. You are however correct when refering to windows 3.11 and below.

Comment

My bet is on a bad watch battery.

Comment

Working...
                      X