C&C generals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&C generals

i have used clonyxxl 2.0.0.6 to scan generals for a protection and then i sent the preset settings for safedisc 2 to clonecd 4.2.0.2. i burned the game onto a cdr and the installation works perfectly, but i can't seem to run it...with daemon tools, how can i play generals on a cdr...i don't really want to run the game from an image on my computer because i dont really have that much room for it...i'm sort of confused about how to use daemon tools to help u burn the image..

C6C generals is safedisc 2.80.
    You need to use alcohol or blindwrite, because cloneCD can't copy it.
    I prefer alcohol.
    Use alcohol+safedisc 2 datatype if you have a 1 or 0 sheep writer (50% or alcohol free)
    Use alcohol+safedisc 1 datatype if you have a 2 sheep writer (120%)
    If cd doesn't work, enable safedisc emulation in alcohol or d-tools

Comment

What writer do you have? It's perhaps going to far to say that clonecd can't copy sd 2.8 but it certainly isn't reliable in doing so (fails every time with my writers but does work for some).

Nevertheless, if you've got a 2 sheep writer, any of alcohol, ******** or the discdump/fireburner combination will succeed every time (unless you stuff up the settings, of course).

If you've got the right hardware, discjuggler will also work, and each of blindwrite, cd-mate and burnatonce sometimes work (but also sometimes fail).

Comment

i have a HP CD-Writer+ 9100...by the way, what is a 0, 1, or 2 sheep writer?..i also tried using alcohol 120% to make an image of the first disc with safedisc 2 protection settings. however, when i tried to burn it with safedisc 2 settings, it have me this:

S:KEY - 05/26/00 - "Invalid Field In Parameter List"
        PM 06:28:46 (D: HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (2:0): Recording failed!
        PM 06:28:46 Error message: [05/26/00] - Invalid Field In Parameter List
        PM 06:28:46 (D: HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (2:0): Recording failed!
        PM 06:28:46 Image file loading aborted!
        PM 06:28:52 Something is wrong with the recording procedure!
        Please check the log file

but on the screen before that, it says the image is only 637.2 megs, but i think it thinks that the image is like 731.80 megs...how is this possible??

Comment

when i am at the burning image screen in alcohol 120% and i select safedisc 2 protection, i can select/deselect the bypass EFM error.. so that should mean i have a sheep 1 or 2 writer, right?

Comment

in my first post at the top of the page, i used the image i created and tried to burn it with alcohol 120%, but i got this message again:

####################### Dumping/Recording Progress Log #######################
            PM 01:51:22 Processor info: Pentium III (0.25 um) (450MHz)
            PM 01:51:22 Memory Available to Windows: 130,596 KB
            PM 01:51:22 Not enough Memory! Adjust memory buffer size to 11 MB.
            PM 01:51:22 Starting EFM Error Bypass Engine
            PM 01:51:23 Image file loading: C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Yim\Desktop\Generals1\Generals1.cue
            PM 01:51:23 Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 637.2 MB / 072:30:05
            PM 01:51:27 (D) HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (2:0): Recording Method/Speed
            PM 01:51:28 Recording - RAW SAO + SUB - 8X (1200 KB/Sec)
            PM 01:51:28 (D) HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (2:0) - [SEND CUE SHEET ERROR]
            CDB: 5D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00
            D:-0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--A--B--C--D--E--F--
            41 00 00 14 00 00 00 00 41 01 00 40 00 00 00 00
            41 01 01 40 00 00 02 00 41 AA 01 14 00 48 20 05
            S:KEY - 05/26/00 - "Invalid Field In Parameter List"
            PM 01:51:28 (D) HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (2:0): Recording failed!
            PM 01:51:28 Error message: [05/26/00] - Invalid Field In Parameter List
            PM 01:51:28 (D) HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (2:0): Recording failed!
            PM 01:51:28 Image file loading aborted!
            PM 01:51:32 Something is wrong with the recording procedure!
            Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.
            ################################################## ############################

Comment

hallaluya! i used the bad sectors emulation in alcohol 120% with the cd i burned with the image in the first post (which was from clonecd with preset settings from clonyxxl 2.0.0.6)...anywayz, i am still confused about the fact that alcohol has problems burning the image of generals with safedisc 2 protection settings. can n-e-1 help me with this issue?..also, how do i find out which sheep my HP CD-Writer+ 9100 is?

Comment

HP writers are usually 0 sheep writers. In you live in USA or japan, EFM can't be selected due to legal iusses. Chage your country settings and try again (without bypass efm error you will fail anyway)

05/24/00,05/26/00,05/26/01,05/26/02--INVALID Field IN CDB
                Your burner might not be supported by our software or your burner might be defective or have some problem.

Comment

what about a HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B? what sheep is it?

Comment

ahh crap...i tried installing generals with the images created with clonecd 4.2.0.2 and clonyxxl 2.0.0.6 settings for the two cds...i also used a HP CD-Writer+ 9100. however, when i tried running the game with alcohol 120% bad sectors emulation, i got this message:

generals.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.

i tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, but no hope...what the hell is going on?

Comment

before, i tried installing generals and the game worked with alcohol's bad sectors emulation. but when i uninstalled it and tried to install it again, it give me an error that i don't have enough space when i do...

Comment

Originally Posted by wickeddude12
                        ahh crap...i tried installing generals with the images created with clonecd 4.2.0.2 and clonyxxl 2.0.0.6 settings for the two cds...i also used a HP CD-Writer+ 9100. however, when i tried running the game with alcohol 120% bad sectors emulation, i got this message:

generals.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.

i tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, but no hope...what the hell is going on?
                        you burned it with alcohol, but the image was made with clone? then it doesn't work
                        anyway remember that if you haven't got a 2 sheep writer, you might be not able to copy a safedisc 2.80 game

Comment

no, iburned it with clonecd and used alcohol for the emulation part

Comment

you should use alcohol to read and write, because clone CD can't read and write SD2.80 cds correctly

Comment

Working...
                            X