Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StarFuck stuck on permanently Real CD-ROM drives and virtual drives not showing up in Explorer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarFuck stuck on permanently Real CD-ROM drives and virtual drives not showing up in Explorer.

> I realize this topic is simliar to the one recently posted, but the situation is a bit different so I made a new thread.

I have been using StarFuck lately with some games, which I understand is intended to temporarily block the game from detecting the cd-rom drive or any virtual drives (as if the IDE cable had been unplugged). The problem I am having is that it seems like StarFuck is stuck on permanently! Even after deactivating it (which is by clicking OK on the dialogue once I am done playing the game), the only drive showing up in Explorer is C:\.

I went to device manager to see if it was a driver conflict, but what I see is a yellow exclamation point next to my real cd rom drive, and the one emulated drive. Here's the message... "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)" The computer seems to think that the CD-ROM drive isnt connected- yet it most certainly is- I am on a laptop and I haven't touched anything hardware related! This StarFuck software seems to be blocking Window's access to any physical or virtual drives on my computer! Even when I fresh mount an image using D-Tools, or try changing the emulated drive letter, nothing shows up in explorer! If anyone knows how to fix this or what I can do, please let me know! I would be incredibly, extremely grateful! Thank you for anything you can do to help me.

If it helps, here are the two drives under DVD/CD-ROM Drives in device manager that show conflicts:
    Slimtype COMBO LSC-24082K (this is my real dvd drive)
    DZ3233G RBO696Z SCSI CdRom Device (D-Tools mouted drive)

Press on SF 3.4... and then on Enable cd. After that click on Unpatch. Or use Starforce Nightmare and press Enable cd.
    http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

re

go to device manager right click on yur drive and then press activate
      if your drives are'nt showing in device manager right click on secondary ide and then activate than your drivers will appear right click on them also and click activate
      hope it helps tell me if it worked

also if you have a laptopm i heard that you just have to leave the drive ejected when playing the game no need of starfuck or anything

tell me if it worked

Comment

Hey, I tried using StarFucker and Starforce nightmare, and using the enable option, but it still did not work! I don't understand what is going on here. What you said sounds like it should work, but alas nothing. Let me know if you think of anything else please! I would be very grateful!

Comment

AnalCobra-
          I tried using Starfucker and Starforce nightmare with their 'enable CD' options, but it looks like my CD drive is still blocked! I checked the device manager and it still says the same thing- drivers loaded, but hardware not found. What you said seems logical, but alas nothing. Please let me know if you think of anything else. I'd be incredibly grateful!

KingKing-
          I tried your method too. First of all, there is no activate option when I right click either of the two drives with conflicts in Device Manager. There is a disable option, however, I've already tried disabling, then re-enabling the drive without success. If you can think of any other possible solution, please let me know. Thanks so much you guys.

Comment

Check if your drives are correctly connected to your mainboard.

Comment

It is a laptop and nothing has changed hardware wise. Do you think I should just completely remove all the drivers for the cd-rom drive, and then start all over as if I had fresh installed the hardware? It seems like starfuck could still be blocking it though. Thanks for any ideas.

Comment

Try uninstalling the drives in device manager. They'll be redetected and added back when you reboot.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

re

normally you just click enable and it works make sure that your secondary ide is enabled enable evrything where there a exclamation mark

Comment

Hey-
                    I uninstalled the all CD-ROM drives (both real and virtual) in device manager. Then I restarted windows, and XP immediately found my real drive, and the two emulated virtual drives and automatically installed drivers for them. But then once I got into windows, yet again, only drive C: shows up in Explorer! All three devices still have yellow check marks next to them in device manager under hardware tab. I tried hitting enable CD on StarFucker, etc, and yet, nothing! What the hell am I to do? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Comment

Do you have a system restore point at the moment when it worked fine, try to restore your system.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a system restore point. I'm supposed to because I do have it enabled, but there are no checkpoints! WTF! I dont know if windows clears them at the beginning of the year or what.

Comment

re

try to click eneble by right clicking on the drive in the device manager not with starforce if it doesn't work there is a thread in this forum if youur drives aren't showing in explorer i don'tknow where is it try to look for drives disappearing or somthing in the support forum tell me if it helped

Comment

Provided you haven't been living with this problem for to long of time you can try going back to a Restore Point prior to when you first had this problem.

It could be a registry entry that is screwing things up. Going 'back in time' might correct this. No guarantees though.

Comment

Solution

Hi ..

If you under the general tab get error 'code 41' you will find a solution this way.

search forum.

Device code 41

click thread 'devices went missing'.

Comment

Working...
                              X