Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get to OS in any mode (SPTD problem, supposedly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get to OS in any mode (SPTD problem, supposedly)

My computer's SPTD.sys file is now messing up (as it does with other computers, I see), but none of the solutions that have been offered have been successful, or obtainable. The only option I haven't tried yet is the SPTDinst executable, which I have no idea how to use...I'm not even sure if I can use it, as I can't even reach safe mode without my computer restarting again. Debugging has failed as well, and I don't have a Windows XP installation disk. The only way to get files to my computer, like boot disks and I suppose that exe, is a CD...but I can't reach the command prompt. I don't want to resort to a hard drive format...can someone assist me?

Did you press ESC to abort loading of sptd.sys during boot into safe mode when prompted?
    But what's the sense in reformatting if you don't have an installation cd? Actually we don't support software piracy.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

What about legitimate usage of Daemon Tools? I for one have the luxury of having quite a few hard-drives. I ALWAYS make a 100% image of ANY game/software CD/DVD I buy and never use the original. I know I'm a bit paranoic but I'd rather not damage something I paid 50$ for (replacing is not an option due to excessive shipping charges in my country - usually going as high as the equivalent of 20-30$). Right now I'm having HUGE problems with the latest version of DT and it's damned SPTD driver. Basically I CAN'T USE MY IMAGES ANYMORE. It's like having a PC without any optical drives... I can't play games, I can't install software - I'm basically cripple d

Comment

When nothing helps grab your HDDs from the damaged computer and put them in the computer where you write from to safe your images and other files/documents that you really need, then you can format your HDD with a fresh install of Windows without loosing any data.
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

My OS was pre-installed on my computer, and it came with no backup. And yes, I hit esc to abort from loading sptd.sys...it still restarted.

All I want to know is how to make that sptd exe launch from a CD...I believe I have to make it bootable before I hit windows (kinda makes sense), but I don't have a boot image if that's the case.

PS:Thanks, Mystique. I'll be sure to try that if it doesn't work by tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X