Thread: Final Fantasy VII/VIII PC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 35
    New User

Default Final Fantasy VII/VIII PC

I extracted the CD's to img files (using cloneCD, if you must know) for these games, so that I could play them on my laptop without the stupid loud CD rom motor drowning out the in game sound. But both games give me "Please insert disk 1/2/3..." messages, despite mounting the files in Daemon's tools.

New User

I believe the discs need to be inserted into the correct drive letter... most likely the drive you installed them with, which is your only disc drive. You need to change the drive letter of the virtual drives, or find an ini or reg key that references the drive letter and edit it to your virtual drive's letter.

New User

Okay, got FF7 to work by making an iso out of the install disk as well, thus making it read the virtual drive as the correct one. FF8, on the other hand, didn't work using the same method.

AG3
    User

Try using the Windows RegEdit. Search for Final Fantasy, and when you get to the Final Fantasy 8 entry, make sure the drive listed is your virtual one.

New User

Nope. Final Fantasy doesn't come up in the registry list (except for one of the .ccd files).

AG3
    User

Did you install Final Fantasy 8 with the original CD or the image? If you used the image, try installing it with the original install CD, then use regedit to find the game and change the drive letters to the virtual drive.

It MIGHT be that you must run the game once normally before the registry entry appears. Try that.

New User

i have to same probelm too. Can anyone who got it to work, post how u did it?

AG3
    User

Try this:

Install the game from the original CDs, run the game once, then exit (press ALT + F4, I think) when the menu screen appears. Next, use Regedit to find the game in the registry, and change the listed drive letter to the Daemon Tools virtual drive's one. Running the game is important if it's about Final Fantasy VIII, since I seem to remember that it didn't create the entire registry key until the game had been started once.

New User

"Try this:"

worked for me

New User

I don't mean to reveive an oold topic, but I have problems play FF8. When I start New Game, it says "Insert Disc 1" then I did what that guy said and go to Regedit. I typed in "Final Fantasy" and the location of the CD came up. But I don;t getw aht you mean by change thr letter drive. becuase i did, and it says wrong disc inserted. It's hard to explain but can anyone help me?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast