Thread: Securom 5, "Conflict with Disk Emulator Software"

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    JM
    New User

Default Securom 5, "Conflict with Disk Emulator Software"

SecuROM 5.03.13.0021. I get the dreaded "Conflict with Disk Emulator Software detected." I'm using Daemon 3.47 (obviously, since I'm posting here :wink.

I tried using Anti-Blaxx; no dice. The port/bus drivers do not have default names, I patched daemon.exe to look for daemon.dll under another name and I've changed the vendor name of the virtual CD to something convincing. SecuROM still just laughs at me. :evil:

Anyone have more ideas on what SecuROM is looking for, and how I can spray virtual pepper in its beady little eyes?

User

secuRom searchs for the process. in this case "daemon.exe".
    then secuRom checks the file daemon.exe and gives you the error.
    One Tip: Burn the image and close daemon tools and every other copy tool.
    You can burn fake images too.

JM
    New User

That's not it, because even if I exit Daemon it still gives the same error. Burning is not an option in this case or I would have done that.

However, I got the idea of using Regmon and Filemon (http://www.sysinternals.com) to see exactly what SecuROM is looking for. I'll post back here when I have the results. The sucker can't hide forever. :twisted:

JM
    New User

Success. It turns out that even if you munge and rename everything, you still need to deny access to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2, as described in other threads.

So I did that, and voila! Up yours, SuckuROM. Now I'm going to patch it, which will make it SecuROM 7... wish me luck.

JM
    New User

Haha, bunch of wankers. This time the game refused to run with Regmon in the background, probably because it checks for the kind of hooks Regmon installs.

SuckuROM 7 fell when I denied administrators read permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices. And I didn't even need Anti-Blaxx! My guess is that all the renaming I did already took care of that 8)

Daemon rules!

New User

Quote Originally Posted by JM
    Success. It turns out that even if you munge and rename everything, you still need to deny access to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2, as described in other threads.

So I did that, and voila! Up yours, SuckuROM. Now I'm going to patch it, which will make it SecuROM 7... wish me luck.
    help me with rename daemon tools plz

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyneth
    help me with rename daemon tools plz
    What do you mean with 'renaming dt'?