Thread: Why am I so Dumb? Pls I need a Walkthrough

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    New User

Frage Why am I so Dumb? Pls I need a Walkthrough

I just don't seem to have the virtual image/mount image/emulate image concept clear. I have read all the instructions, faq, and previous "simple" direction posts, but they seem mostly for people to wish to make game images etc. I just want to mount a movie file or two.

WHAT I WANT: Simply, I want to mount an iso sometimes as a playable movie on a virtual drive to preview rather than burn to cdr of dvd right away. Not interested in games or emulations.

WHAT ISN'T WORKING: I can create images using Alcohol or Nero fine.....have been doing so for years. But what next?

PLS GIVE ME A WALK THROUGH: First I create a virtual drive (how?) Then I mount the image on the drive (how?) Pls let me know what file extension I will be looking at at each step in the process.

Sorry for being so dim. I hope someone can take a moment to help.

Start Daemon tools:
    R/click on the Daemon icon in your system tray:
    Go to virtual CD/DVD-ROM:
    It should say Device 0:[E] No media (or simmilar depending on your next drive letter)
    If you do not get this option go to Set number of devices/ 1 drive:

Highlight Device 0:[E] No media and select 'mount image':
    Browse for the .iso you wish to mount and mount it:

That's it, go to start/my computer and you should now have a virtual drive listed here with the image installed as well as your regular drives.

Hope this helps

Experienced User

alright, here you go

download and install Daemon Tools
    Once you see its icon in the taskbar (near to the clock down right) left-click on it, click where it says Device 0 ...., select the image file you want your virtual drive to be filled with and click "open".

That's it.