Thread: How to remove daemon tools search?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23
    New User

Default How to remove daemon tools search?

So I installed the latest version, not in the slightest bit expecting that they would add somethign so underhanded with their software. I don't check this site daily and my past experiences with daemon tools would never have made me think to check for something like this.

None the less, since installing the new daemon tools, my Internet explorer home page has been changed to daemon's search page. When I try to change it back to what I had previously, despite being on the administrator account, it tells me I do not have sufficient permission to access IE's options.

Not only this, when I try to type in a url to any webpages, it gives me an error. The only way I can go to a web page is by using this search tool and clicking on the relevant result.

As you can imagine, this is extremely less than ideal. I have since uninstalled daemon tools but it has not fixed my problem with Internet Explorer. I am hoping someone can tell me how to remove this software from my system, without having to a system rollback.

Master

Try installing 4.11.1 and uncheck the Search Bar during installation.

Administrator

In DT Lite 4.11 there is an optional DT Panel (not DT Search Panel).

We will add there a capability to search for image files on user PC using this search field.
    Also via DT Panel users can get access to Mount'n'Drive manager.

It is also planned to add to DT Panel some other useful features (plugins)

> since installing the new daemon tools, my Internet explorer >home page has been changed to daemon's search page.

Users are offered during installation to choose www.daemon-search.com as their default web browser home page and also choose as their default search provider (if you do NOT want support DT team you can simply not select this features during installation)

>Not only this, when I try to type in a url to any webpages, it >gives me an error. The only way I can go to a web page is by >using this search tool and clicking on the relevant result.

What kind of error do you get? Could you please specify exactly?

New User

Default So how do you get rid of this mallware?

I installed Daemon Tools to my work laptop, because Microsoft instructed to do so, so I can mount an image of their Visual Studio.

During Daemon Tools install I did not notice that the "search tool" was selected.

Now I have uninstalled Daemon Tools and still this daemon search is pestering my internet explorer.

Many of our intranet webapplications use home page and now all these applications are broken because this mallware. And I do consider this mallware, if it breaks your other software from working.

I have gone through windows registry and running processes and I can't find the process that is changing the IE homepage to daemon-search continously.

I think Daemon Tools is a great software, but no responsible group seeks support/donations using mallware.

Master

All the search-bar/adware options are deselectable during setup. You are not forced to install them. Having said that, you can also uninstall them after the fact from the Add/Remove Programs wizard. The adware is listed under WhenU.

New User

I have this problem too, but WhenU isn't on add/remove programs - so I can't remove it!..

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Search for Advantage in add/remove programs.

Also just click on the arrow in in internet explorer next to daemon search and select something else.

Regarding start page: Just enter your start page in tools/internet options.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Master

Default adware

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal912 View Post
    I have this problem too, but WhenU isn't on add/remove programs - so I can't remove it!..
    WhenU is not used anymore in the latest version of DAEMON Tools.

edit: oops Blazkowicz beat me to the reply, I'll direct you to his post.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

New User

After reboot the main page of IE and firefox changes back to daemonsearch.
    I installed and unintalled different versions of daemon tools with no effect.
    I checked my whole HD for tags with deamon or WhenU. Also nothing there.
    I checked my system with antivir, sofos, adaware--> nothing
    I also tried to change the start page in the regestry, but after reboot the same problem appears again---> startpage daemonsearch.com.
    Is there still no solution to get rid of this startpage problem??
    thank
    Rh1n0

Customer

Please make sure that you removed the adware that is bundled
    with DAEMON Tools. Check your control-panel and remove it,
    then the problem is gone, e.g.:

Search for Advantage in add/remove programs.

Also just click on the arrow in in internet explorer next to daemon search and select something else.

as stated above by blazkovicz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast