Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce 3 Drive Plugged In !!!!!

Hello everyone!

Alcohol 120% latest and my new dvd Burner plugged in !!!
    I played with Toca Race Driver 3 , GT Legends , Prince of Persia P2T and all without any problem!

Unfortunately its not working with Daemon 4.0.3.0 were i still had to unplug my DVD burner!

My Stuff:
    MSI NEO 2 PLS
    -1HD 160G PRIMARY MASTER
    -PLEXTOR BURNER PRIMARY SLAVE
    -1HD 160G SECONDARY MASTER

NO TRICKS OR ANYTHING AND NO JOKES !!!!!
    Since last Alcohol120 (1.9.5.3823) all goes like in a dream!
    Thank you!

PS NEWBIES: Create image with alcohol (RMPS ACTIVEwith low speed read ) after mount with alcohol and FINALLY ...ENDLY....that's it.....( hope for all!!!)
    http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

not working for me

Comment

1000x sorry for miss understanding!

Hello all....
      I've changed my config a little,

MSI Neo 2 s ( P4@3200 )
      1x HITACHY 160G ( Primary Master )
      1x Freecom 52x CDRW ( Primary Slave )
      1x Maxtor 160G ( Secondary Master )

All above connected and i mount with alcohol 120 ( RMPS image from my original )

Play with Toca 3 , Sims OFB , Tiger Woods 06 ,etc....

The drive i have plugged in is a CDRW burner ( no DVD !!! )
      Is THIS the reason why even starforce 3 works??? ( Because those games are on DVD ???!!! )

When i plug in my new dvd burner from plextor.... it doesn't work for starforce 3 protection anymore!

Do All the drives have to be plugged out in general or do i have luck with my freecom CDRW drive ( Because its a CD and Not DVD ) ??????

Thanks for replying........

Comment

Do you have an nforce3/4 chipset?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

MSI NEO 2 S Intel 865PE Chipset !!!

Like i said above.... its an MSI intel 865 PE chipset!
          So.... am i lucky with my freecom CDRW drive connected while i play starforce 3 games ??????

Thanks for the interest again!
          Great continuation for the daemon team!

Comment

Toca 3

I have tryed everything possible to get Toca 3 working (expcept unplugging drives which i am not willing to do) but have not suceeded i am using a working DPM image of toca and here is my spec

Operating System : Windows XP Sp2
            Motherboard : Nvidia Nforce 2 Ultra 400
            SCSI/RAID Controller : Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller
            Dvd Rw/Rom Drives : Asus Dvd RW , Atapi DVD-Rom both on secondary ATA channel

Anyone got any suggestions???

P.S. I am using Daemon tools 3.4 to mount image and both my dvd drives are IDE

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
              The drive i have plugged in is a CDRW burner ( no DVD !!! )
              Is THIS the reason why even starforce 3 works??? ( Because those games are on DVD ???!!! )
              This is normal. You cannot insert DVD disc into CD-RW drive so StarForce does not ask you to do this.

Comment

to greginheuk...

Hy,

I think you should try to mount with daemon 4.03 because i see you mention 3.4 which is kinda old! maybe a miss type?!

With DT 4.03.... mount the image of your game through the network!
                2 possiblilities:

First -
                Daemon installed on your main pc and the image of your game on the second pc (if you have or laptop), mount trhough the network. Didn't work for me!

Second and better.... -
                Install daemon and the image of your game on the second pc...mount the image on that second pc.
                Than go to my computer and select the daemon drive with a right mouse click and select share options. Share the drive !!!
                Now you install the game on the first pc through the network ( install, reboot etc....) and than you just play!

I passed nearly all starforce 3 games i have.

PS: Always make a perfect DPM image with alcohol120 at lowest speed and make sure you have no protection like starforce 3 installed on your pc before you make that image!

Thats all i can do to help!

Comment

If I understand correctly, you're suggesting the following:

Mount the game with Daemon Tools on Computer A, share the drive, then install the game from the network share on Computer B? And then play it with the same configuration?

If I'm not missing something crucial here, that should be nigh impossible. AFAIK, the StarForce driver (as well as any other copy protection) cannot validate a CD or DVD over a network. Am I indeed missing something here?
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hi sfkilla I also got pass starforce 3...version that came with POP T2T. See I saw on some forums that those with Nforce 3/4 chipsets had some luck in bypassing it so I tried, Initally I tried to disable in Device manager but no luck! I resorted to unplugging the DVD (Liteon) burner and then I got it to workk with a properly burned image using Alcohol. However, an idea hit me when I read some more posts on this forum...that was to try dsabling my IDE controllers on my ASUS A8N-E mobo. I did this and it worked!!! ...I realized you can't just disable the individual drives or even the IDE primary and Secondary channels but the entire IDE controller. So to all who have the Nforce 4 chip or probably 3 too, can try this!...

Comment

Working...
                    X