Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: 20 post until unlocking "moderated modus" is too long and annoying.

New User

I'm wondering if this isn't too much extra work for the mods?!

In my opinion a one-time delay after registering would be much better... maybe 48 hours...

Experienced User

Things won't change for at least a while...
    This mesure was taken before the coming of DT 4.0, because there were too many guys, that didn't even dare to read the warnings, who didn't stop asking 'when will DT 4 be out'... DT staff and customers where kinda tired to say 'when it'll be out'.

This is one of the reasons of that mesure.

If you don't want to be moderated, you have 2 possibilities... You wait until you have 20 posts, or you register (and thus you'll have access to DT Pro when it'll be done)

edit : added the underlined text, to clear things
    Last edited by Kinlaadare : 20.05.2006 at 14:50
    Carpe diem

I used to have a fairly high post count, until I came back from a long time of absence, now I have only 1 post or so, and can't post and threads.

you have exactly 3 posts - do you really consider that as
    a "high" post-count?

All posts are saved here, even if you not see them, we can
    exactly determine how much a user posted. You never posted
    more then the 3 posts mentioned above, so I see no reason
    to complain, sorry

New User

I think that it should be a better way to let us know about this. I have double posted thinking that there was some kind of problem. I just remember to have read the noemal "Thank you for your post" but nothing about the forum been moderated in this way for starters.

You should put a screen telling the posters that their post is not going to appear until it is moderated. If it exist I didn't see it anywhere or it passed to fast.

Thanks.

New User

This is the screen that we get after posting. It dissapears too fast and on top of this it is not CLEAR that your post will not appear immediately.

Default Keep it like this

I'm a new user also I registerd only a couple of days ago, I was first mad at the "system" But when I took the time to read the right forums, I quikly came to the conclusion that this is a great rule indeed! I think you should even consider to increase the line form 20 to atleast 40, so at the end you'll only have "real' users. but that's just my humble opion:wink:
    Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Cool Post count

I agree with ircghost, im a registered/licensed user with only a few posts. I think the boards have gotten a lot better now with the 20 post minimum, and i know as long as my posts aren't crap they'll most likely pass.
    (I hope this one does :P )

TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

i dont think that the admins have enough time to moderate all posts from users with less than 40 posts. that'd be a lot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by LooDos
    i dont think that the admins have enough time to moderate all posts from users with less than 40 posts. that'd be a lot of work...

this is offcourse true, but maybe if you put a little bit effort in it, you can assign more people (wo are trust worthy offcourse) to check the messages. So the admins can keep their minds focussed on the more "important" matters
    Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast