No announcement yet.

hexalock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then might i suggest to all the users of original discs that seek help to perhaps sacrifice one such disk or at lest lend one to the dt team. the guy with the manuals for example, sounds like the company could afford to "loose" one such disc, eh ? either way if you really want true support then send such a disc to the dev team for evaluation. i'm sure they can figure out what's what.

for all we know it may already be doable. what have you guys tried so far ? (alcohol, blindwrite ? what profiles ? etc...)

Comment

maximus26 & serious 1

all quiet on the western front is it ???

Comment

ok

I can send you a disk.

Which address?

btw, software for creating images (they aren't usual cd images!) can be freely downloaded from http://hexalock.co.il/downloads/?dlid=1

just "Create Flagged Gold Master"

Comment

Originally Posted by GameMaster View Post
          I can send you a disk.
          Which address?
          I have the same manual and I don't have a laptop to carry down to my shop so I would love to be able to print off a sheet of data ( That I can throw away when it gets dirty ) instead of having to carry my clean manual everywhere and try to keep it clean. I wonder is this possible, all the older manuals could be printed ???? Lots of people have there fingers crossed on this subject. Good Luck

Comment

Any update on this ?

Comment

think hexalocks check was for bad sectors on the cd/dvd, then it extracted the exe from certain sectors, xor'd it against a magic key (simple), then shelled that exe...
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

any luck with the above suggestion. This tool would be of great assistance. I own the Original so the ability to run it from the Lap top and now have to take a case of cd's into the field where they get ruined would be of great help

Comment

Originally Posted by mistaken View Post
                  any luck with the above suggestion. This tool would be of great assistance. I own the Original so the ability to run it from the Lap top and now have to take a case of cd's into the field where they get ruined would be of great help
                  well, if i remember right, it runs, does the cdcheck, extracts the 'real' exe to the temp folder, and executes that, so u could try running it, alt-tabbing and checking your temp folders...
                  my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

:-( Didn't work for me, need DT Hexalock solution...

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                    well, if i remember right, it runs, does the cdcheck, extracts the 'real' exe to the temp folder, and executes that, so u could try running it, alt-tabbing and checking your temp folders...
                    I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work for me. If you read through the descriptions of this method at www.hexalock.com, I think it sounds a little different than what you described. Anyway, I think you can download trial material from the website, and order a sample protected CD to "play" with.

DT wizards, can we see this in the next version

Comment

Hexalock emulation detection

I think the Hexalock website also says (in the FAQ) that they use some method to detect CD emulation. I own a legitimate copy of the software I'm trying to copy -- I just want to use it as an image on the HD rather than dragging around & scratching up the original CD. But if there's emulation detection and blocking, even if the image is copied correctly, it won't work with DTools.

Now what :-)

Comment

Yeah, but they say the same thing about SecuROM, Safedisc and Starforce.

Comment

Originally Posted by ancientpriest View Post
                          I think the Hexalock website also says (in the FAQ) that they use some method to detect CD emulation. I own a legitimate copy of the software I'm trying to copy -- I just want to use it as an image on the HD rather than dragging around & scratching up the original CD. But if there's emulation detection and blocking, even if the image is copied correctly, it won't work with DTools.

Now what :-)
                          OH MY GOD - are you serious? Or are you employee of "Hexalock"?

What do you think we guys do the whole day? Play with our balls?
                          Of course it would work - IF we would support it

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                            OH MY GOD - are you serious? Or are you employee of "Hexalock"?
                            Of course it would work - IF we would support it
                            Whoa, take it slow, man! No one is trying to insult you All I meant is that the current D-Tools version won't work against Hexalock even if one of us could figure out how to make a perfect 1:1 image with Alcohol or something else. We all know that any scheme can be broken and taken care of in the next version of D-Tools... that's exactly what I was hoping might happen

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                              hahaha, hey wait, I do that all day too :S

Anyhow, Doesnt look like Hexalock will really be inpacting games anytime soon unless they are games released on CD and not DVD.

Most companies will boast 100% copy protection. But if you pay attention to their wording, you can see they are saying it just cannot be copied by standard means (such as making an image with UltraISO wont work) But DT/Pro with Dumper, ect.. Or Alcohol 120%, Blindwrite, just needs the support added in for them to make copies.

Kinda odd that in todays age, a company would not have support for DVD. Makes you wonder if it is just an old style SafeDisc Scheme or not with a few extras added in to make it look "new"
                              No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Any news

Hi,

I have the same problem as Mistake. I own a legit copy of the protected CD, which holds PDF's. I need to back-up the disk. I have trip looking at the usual stuff, but nothing works. Someone mentioned that Daemon Tools may release a copy protection setting in a later release.

Does anyone have an update to this

Comment

Working...
                                X