making a copy-protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a copy-protection

Hello, my question is: Is there someone who knowes if it's possible to make a DVD-movie copy protection?
    The most people wants to know how to crack a protection, but I wanna know how to make...
    Is there someone who knows? Greetz BrotherD...

Well I know certain DVD authoring programs, one that comes to mind is Ulead DVD moviefactory, which allows you to add macrovision type 1, 2 or 3
    we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

You must know however that these copy protections are ridiculously easy to bypass, if someone wants to copy your DVD - no matter how computer illiterate he may be - he'll quite probably be able to do it...
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        You must know however that these copy protections are ridiculously easy to bypass, if someone wants to copy your DVD - no matter how computer illiterate he may be - he'll quite probably be able to do it...
        yes true if your a nerd like us, but many people don't know how to copy dvds at all
        we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

I think a general rule of thumb for movies is, if it can be seen and heard, then it can be copied.

Comment

when i goto walmart near my house, i always see these black dudes selling movies they made with shrink, of course shrink is a very amatuer way of doing it compared to DVD Rebuilder w/ CCE, but people always go and buy movies off those guys, which tells me sure it can be copied, but do the majority of people who watch movies know how to copy and how to do it efficiently? no

Comment

Well, I didn't want to start a discussion about whether or not copy protections make any sense. You seem to know what you're doing, so go ahead, I didn't want to talk you out of it. That was just meant as a reminder.

Unfortunately I cannot help you though because I never saw any reason to use copy protections myself.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

understood, thanks for clarifying

Comment

Working...
                X