X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Windows Cd - rom Icon with a Daemon tools Icon

Andareed
    03.03.2003, 12:55
    I made a shell extension that does this (among other things). BUt here is registry modifications todo:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\G\DefaultIcon

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\G\DefaultLabel

Under DefaultIcon, edit Default to icon file (ex: C:\Program Files\d-tools\daemon.exe). Under DefaultLabel edit default to Label.

If you prefer, I can send you the extension i made.

btw, change G to your drive letter of course :wink:

This is a quote i found 10minutes before.
    If can someone help me to find DriveIcons In Windows XP, cause i searched the registry and i couldnt find it.

Thanks

You can find the registry settings exactly where Andaared wrote:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\

This registry key is usually empty for an unmodified Windows XP, since Windows determines the correct icon by examining the drive type. If you want to replace the icon of a drive you have to do the following:
    1. create a subkey under the above mentioned key using the letter of your drive as the name of the key (e.g. "G" for drive G
    2. within this new key you make a new registry entry of type "string" and call it "DefaultIcon" (without the quotation marks of course)
    3. you set this entry to a value containing the path to your icon file

This similarily work for the label of the drive: your name the key "DriveLabel" instead of "DriveIcon".

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X