Bioshock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioshock

I've been trying to install bioshock on my compy, but every time it gets to the end it tries to update the game. Then it tells me to insert the original disc because im using an emulator. They are using Securom, and i tried using the emulator in DT but have had no luck.

How did you make your image?
    Does that run from the original DVD?
    Carpe diem

Comment

I bought the game and I have no trouble running or installing it from original DVD while DT 4.10 is running. I also dont have any emulation in DT turned on. Perhaps check to see that emulation is turned off in DT?

Go to EMULATION, ALL OPTIONS OFF in daemon tools.

Comment

Use vIDE or YASU.

Comment

Originally Posted by ZackZeb View Post
          Then it tells me to insert the original disc because im using an emulator.
          At that moment just rename folder where game is installing. When setup is closed rename it back.

Comment

Thanks umbrella, that worked

Comment

im also having a problem with that. i tried using umbrellas method but i get an error because it cannot find d3dx9_33.dll and it tells me to re-installs it

Comment

DirectX needs to be updated. Run the DirectX installer which is on the DVD.

Comment

dang game

you know ive tried every method i can think of to get it to install w/o internet connection
                  my gaming rig has no net and no spyware etc i just use a thumb drive to haul files back and forth and to run a av scan every night keeps the machine clean for gaming
                  any one got any ideas
                  *umbrella*
                  when i try your method it tells me the application is improperly configured and to reinstall it is that cause of the DX ill try that as well

Comment

Everytime Im trying to make an Image with Daemon tools pro, I get this error

DPM Assoicated call failed
                    Disc Imaging Failed.

I am trying to make BioShock DVD backup. Anybody ?

Comment

What drive do you use?
                      Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                      Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                      Schreibt mir eine PN!
                      If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Its liteon CDrom

I have no problem making images with Alcohol 120%. I already summit my log up. hope to know what is the cause

and I hate SecuROM blacklisting the new version of DT Pro

Comment

To be fair, I would invest in a new drive if I were you, nycgps. I have had a liteon drive in the past and I wasn't really happy with it (that is not to say that LiteOn is a bad manufacturer, nor do I want to stir any emotions about that, its just personal experience). The two manufacturers I would go for are LG and NEC, never had a problem making a backup with them.

nycgps, you said you had no problems with Alcohol making an image, did your Bioshock image work using YASU at all? Or did it throw an error there, too?
                          If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

Originally Posted by umbrella View Post
                            At that moment just rename folder where game is installing. When setup is closed rename it back.
                            So I am alittle confused by Umbrella's comment about renaming. So do I rename after the install when I see Bioshock trying to download the update? If so, one must be very quick to do this, the download screen pops up and then it checks for the original disc, which is already inserted but for some reason doesn't like DT running. Or does Umbrella mean to choose a different directory to install to from the start?
                            Thanks

Comment

I have the same issue with World in Conflict, C&C, and Crysis. Man did I make a mistake buying this and not the Alcohol 120%? Sure seem like people are having a better time with that application then speading hours of time wasted trying to get DT Pro to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X