Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: İnternal setup error . error code : 14 ???

Unglücklich İnternal setup error . error code : 14 ???

what the hell ?

First install SPTD 1.50 (www.duplexsecure), reboot and try to start setup again.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

I did but still got the problem

Default I am having the same issue

I am having the exact same problem. I have also installed SPTDinst-v150-x86.exe but after the successful install Daemon Tools install still fails with error code: 14.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

It means setup is either corrupt/infected or these is some conflict with other software.

Experienced User OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Have you tried re-downloading the file? How big is your daemon410-x86.exe?

daemon410-x86.exe should be 1 911 240 bytes
    daemon410-x64.exe should be 2 104 776 bytes

Checking the CRC checksum would be better, but simply checking the exact file size should tell you whether the download was incomplete/interrupted. The download agent/browser doesn't usually give an error if it encounters EOF in the data stream prematurely.

I am having the exact same problem. Even with Alcohol 120% who have been unable to support me in this matter!

I have uninstalled SPTD, and even manually removed all traces of it in registry and files.

Now when I try to install DT (daemon410-x64.exe) it also asks for a reboot to continue the installation. Once I have rebooted, the DT installer fails with Error Code: 14

DT file size: 2.104.776 bytes

caprinx: Do you have any anti-virus tools installed? I have Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008.

Let's try and figure this one out together. Or if someone at DT development could tell us what Error Code: 14 means, that would be greatly appreciated also!

In a reply to my previous post ...

Stopped all running programs, like Panda Antivirus+Firewall 2008 and tried again ...

It works, and installs fine.

New User

I just made mine work!
    As Blazkowicz says you have to consider a software named SPTD, so:

1. First discovered that error 14 as something to do with rebooting (Well when my Deamon stopped working it kept telling that I must reboot).

2. second I went here and found out that SPTD is part of Daemon and how to remove it.

3. I could remove it because the key was locked (windows windows windows)

4. found how to unlock a key here:

5 and final. After removing the key, reinstalled Deamon410-x86.exe and it works.

Its so annoying that register just to help you out.
    I posted with links so I give credit to who concerns and also because there are a few subtleties that might work better for you.

Good luck!

With me it is definately Panda Antivirus 2008 causing the problem.

After a clean reboot, Daemon Tools wont load. I shut down Panda, and Daemon Tools start fine ...

I am taking this to Panda Software support, as this is not a Daemon Tools problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast