Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: How to remove daemon tools search?

New User

hi LocutusofBorg,

I already did that, but there were no entries. I think I removed them already weeks ago.
    I also clicked next to deamonsearch and selected another page.
    And as I said, Iґm entering a new page after every reboot in tools/internet options.

At the moment I really donґt know what else to try.

List what I already tried:

Search for Advantage in add/remove programs.
    -->no entries

click on the arrow in in internet explorer next to daemon search and select something else.
    -->remains at the new entry but start page switches back to
    daemontools

Regarding start page: Just enter your start page in tools/internet options.
    --->Iґm doing this after each reboot. switches back as soon as Iґm starting may laptop again.

changing the startpage entry in the regestry.
    --> switches back after reboot

Installing and unstalling the newest version of daemontools,
    also the light version with all different kinds of install konfigurations.
    --->still the daemonsearch.com

testing may system with several programs
    antivir, kasperski, sofos, adaware.
    ---> they found nothing

I think I tried everything I read in this forum, but till now
    I havenґt had any success.

Is there someting I forgot or sometiing else I could try?

thanks rh1n0

I am having the same issue and it is keeping me out of my juniper VPN network, very not cool! This bit of mess is malware and should be reported as such. If any of you have any tips on how to get rid of it please reply to this of email me. I have searched my whole computer for Advantage and WhenU with no success, they are not in add/remove programs either nor is any program on my computer that is listed under Daemon as the manufacturer

New User

I take it by the lack of advice on this and other threads that there is NO WAY to remove the Daemon Search tool from Firefox or IE?

Is this correct?

I do not want to reinstall firefox and lose all of my bookmarks and extensions. So will someone please help us with this.

Before you re-post the exact same thing again, let me say I uninstalled in control panel, searched and deleted all Daemon-related programs form the hard drive and restarted the computer many times. And still I have to search through Daemon whenever I right click.
    Someone please help.

Master

As I said in this post (at the bottom), I can't speak for FF, but in IE the toolbar is always there. DTools just changes the default search engine to their own. Are you sure that FF doesn't have one by default? Opera has one even, and it just makes sense that FF would, too.

*EDIT*
    Also, did you read the stickied post?

Default Here u go

K well i had same problem uninstalled daemon tools...then realized when u customize the toolbar in firefox...u can drag the search bar out into the toolbar folder thing. as far as home page fixes....no clue

Lächeln Remove DAEMIN TOOLS searchbox from FireFOX

Hello!
    After many attempts, i've found that it is easy:
    just start Firefox in "safe mode" (Start menu > Programs > Mozilla > Firefox (safe mode)), after closing all firefox windows, and select to reset all features, except bookmarks, then restart firefox. Fot IE7, choose another default search provider (e.g. Google) and then remove daemontools' one.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Blazkowicz : 18.02.2009 at 17:19

New User

Guys I also having this f#*RU*REW daemon search bullshit toolbar in the top right hand corner of my firefox. I don't know where it came from. I don't have daemon tools installed, i don't have WhereU and I don't have Advantage either. I never installed any of this crap it just showed up. Tonight is the first time I noticed it. How do i get rid of it? I tried what's recommended below and it didn't help at all. It jus tremoved a bunch of stuff I wanted and left "Daemon Search"! Please help

Quote Originally Posted by piiippaaa View Post
    Hello!
    After many attempts, i've found that it is easy:
    just start Firefox in "safe mode" (Start menu > Programs > Mozilla > Firefox (safe mode)), after closing all firefox windows, and select to reset all features, except bookmarks, then restart firefox. Fot IE7, choose another default search provider (e.g. Google) and then remove daemontools' one.

Enjoy!

AFRIKAANS TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Quote Originally Posted by brh986 View Post
    Guys I also having this f#*RU*REW daemon search bullshit toolbar in the top right hand corner of my firefox. I don't know where it came from. I don't have daemon tools installed, i don't have WhereU and I don't have Advantage either. I never installed any of this crap it just showed up. Tonight is the first time I noticed it. How do i get rid of it? I tried what's recommended below and it didn't help at all. It jus tremoved a bunch of stuff I wanted and left "Daemon Search"! Please help
    My search engine is at default google but I can click on the image at the left of the search bar 2 select another search engine or manage search engines where I am then able 2 remove a search engine...
    Perhaps it will work for you, I am using FF v3.0.14.

New User

Default A solution

Hi everybody,
    To get rid of the Daemonsearch page, you need to use a free utility called HijackThis.
    HijackThis - Trend Micro USA

Download it and install it, and click the button that says "Do A System Scan Only". A new window will open, and the utility will generate a long list of items.

Now, please be careful from here on in--you only need to remove one thing! You are looking for an entry that contains the phrase: "http://www.daemon-search.com/startpage".
    Here is how the Daemonsearch entry looked on my machine:

When you find it, put a check mark in the small box on the left-hand side. Now click the button that says, "Fix Checked". A confirmation window will appear, asking if you want to delete or repair the item; click "Yes". The homepage hijacker is now gone from your system.

Now, go to Add/Remove Programs, and check once more for the program entries mentioned elsewhere in this thread. If you don't want the Daemon Tools Toolbar, remove it now.

Now, open your browser(s) and change your homepage. On Firefox and IE, you do this by clicking "Tools" and then "Options" or "Internet Options". Now, change your home page setting to a blank page, or Google, or anything you like--but you must change your homepage, because right now it probably has the DaemonSearch page URL stuck in there somewhere. Make sure the changes are applied, then close your browsers and reboot your machine.

Once Windows has restarted, fire up your browser. Everything should be back to normal.

just re-choose your homepage. worked for me in firefox

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast