Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Completely removing Daemon Tools Lite, Daemon-Search.com

New User

Here is a guide to get google search back as your "Right-click"- search engine for texts.

1. Write "about:config" on your firefox addressbar
    2. Search "browser.search.selectedEngine"
    3. Right click on it and enter new value "Google"
    4. VOILA!

Plain and simple

New User

I apologize for posting/hijacking in an old thread, but I would like point out that I have not seen any resolutions (publicly) about removing the adware item(s). I also accidentally did not un-check the "donotincludestupidsoftwareyoudontwant" box, so I have become infected, if you will. Opening Firefox, or IE, results in TWO tabs- Daemon search and my actual Homepage. I'd like an actual resolution to my problem..... uninstalling DT Lite did nothing for me. Like the others, there is nothing in my add/remove programs and my virus/adware/scanners do not pick anything up. Please help me remove this problem............ I do not want your adware Disc tools... Isn't that the point of support (to fix problems)? Even if not official support, can somebody help me?

Windows XP SP3
    DTlite 4.30.4
    Firefox 3
    IE8

Everything is up to date. I'm hoping I just couldn't find the easy solution. Thank you.

Darth Vader

Hello
    Please, pay attention we do not "hijack" your browser's settings. All changes are optional and you can uncheck corresponding options in DAEMON Tools installation wizard!

To change default Search engine use standard tools of your web browsers. For more information visit following links
    Managing search engines in Firefox
    Change or choose a search provider in Internet Explorer

To change homepage settings use standard tools of your web browsers. For more information visit following links
    How to set the home page in Firefox
    Change your Internet Explorer home page
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Experienced User

I mentioned this already in another thread...

What about a general dt clean/removal tool, which deletes/resets all altered settings to its previous state.

This way maybe a couple of problems could be solved where people have to check here and there if everything did uninstall properly.

Kind of a tool all the major antivirus/internet security suites and for example ahead for nero are offering to clean the systems properly (or at least these tools try to do so...).

Greets
    A. Hecka

New User

I accept with information:In 4.30 there is only the search bar, and furthermore the installer asks if you wish to change your startpage/homepage to DAEMON Search. It is simple to deselect if you for some reason do not wish to support the team by installing it.

New User

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how to uninstall Daemon Tools manually? because when I try to use Add/Remove programs and to disable the drive, my XP crashed!

Please specify your DAEMON Tools version.
    Do you have Advanced Emulation option enabled?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12