Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SafeDisc 4.85

Hi,
    Is there a way to hide DAEMON Tools from SafeDisc 4.85?
    I'm trying to play Assassin's Creed, but it always detects that there is no actually a real DVD in drive.

You can try YASU or mount the image in virtual IDE drive of DT Pro Advanced.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I have tried both, but neither works.

Comment

And which version of Daemon Tools Pro Advanced have you tried?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Ah, Y.A.S.U. hasn't been updated since well into last year... For new games it is just about useless in it's current form.

Comment

It helps for SafeDisc, but not everytime.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

@Astireloth: You could try to deactivate your physical drive in the device manager or disconnect it from the power supply.

Comment

I'm using Daemon Tools 4.12.3 and a Blindwrite Image of Assassin's Creed. Works without any problems (Game not updated, though).

Comment

Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
                  I'm using Daemon Tools 4.12.3 and a Blindwrite Image of Assassin's Creed. Works without any problems (Game not updated, though).
                  That's the whole point I think, the new patch uses newer SafeDisc version or blacklisting.

Comment

The new patch hasn't changed anything regarding protection.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Any news on overcoming Safedisc 4.85? I am using DT Pro Adv v4.30.0302 with vIDE, no vSCSI's. My notebook has no built-in DVD drive, so I used an Ext. USB DVD drive to generate a Safedisc profile image, then unplugged the Ext. DVD, mounted the image, but got "Insert original DVD" message. Have also tried disabling secondary IDE channel in Device Manager & rebooting, but no go. Any ideas?

Comment

Hmm, which game isn't working for you Gompit?
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Hmm, which game isn't working for you Gompit?
                          It isn't a game, but a language learning program called Fluenz Mandarin 1+2. Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gompit View Post
                            It isn't a game, but a language learning program called Fluenz Mandarin 1+2. Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.
                            Bump! Any news on getting Fluenz Mandarin to run via ISO? As it stands, I spent $60 for Daemon Tools Pro Advance and it doesn't do the very thing I purchased it for. Help, please!!!

Comment

ISO doesn't contain copy protection related data - that's why it doesn't run. Recreate your image in mdf/mds format with SafeDisc profile.

If DT Pro doesn't get the correct data to read from, it can't do miracles.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X