Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: #@?! search toolbar

User OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Lächeln

For explorer this should work:

Add in the DWORD value NoSearchBox, with the value set to 1, to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Int ernet Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions

For Firefox

right-click magnifying glass, choose customize, now left-click and hold down the button, drag the search bar over to this window and drop it there. Now its no longer present in your browser, you can do this with Go button also if you want.

Hope this helps.

New User

For FireFox it worked 100%
    well no need to try the IE then cuz i am using IE tabs in Firefox also so abandon IE.
    well sense i removed the Par i feel like missing something lol
    anyway Thanks alot u should sticky this so no one ask the same question tonz of time :P

New User

Default How To Remove Daemon Search From IE & FireFox

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    For explorer this should work:

Add in the DWORD value NoSearchBox, with the value set to 1, to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Int ernet Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions

For Firefox

right-click magnifying glass, choose customize, now left-click and hold down the button, drag the search bar over to this window and drop it there. Now its no longer present in your browser, you can do this with Go button also if you want.

Hope this helps.
    FireFox :-
    right-click magnifying glass = right click in the navigation Toolbar
    then Drag the daemon search from the navigation Toolbar
    to the Customize ToolBar Window
    That's it.

IE7:-
    As Norman Bates said
    Go to Run >> type "regedit" >> the Go to
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\In ternet Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions"

as for me i reached the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsof t" and didn't find the "Internet Explorer" Folder.
    So you just need to Create the Folders
    Key = Folder
    When u reach the "Restrictions" Folder
    add a DWORD to to so "new >> DWORD Value"
    rename it to "NoSearchBox"
    Then double click on it , in the "value data" add number "1"
    And that's it.

All worked for me

all Thanks to Norman Bates

User OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Lächeln

Glad i could help!

Default Removal.

Wondering if this is current.... if not whatever. The search is there by default in both IE and Firefox, but the default in each is different, for IE, its Bing search, for Firefox its Google. to put it back to the way it was, simply Click the icon for daemon tools search, (not the field fill bar, the icon) and choose google as the search tool. Then click Manage Search Engines and reomve the Daemon Tools search engine completely and permanently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12