Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: #@?! search toolbar

Default #@?! search toolbar

I've read other posts and have followed the weak advice on how to uninstall the adware "bunny" and even I've even uninstalled daemon lite but I still can't get rid of the search bar in Firefox 2 browser and I also get popup ads. I uninstalled daemon so now I don't know what version it was.

Alco says: "simply go to 'Control Panel' (Add/Remove and remove there you Advertising application)."
    >> It's not there.

Jito463 says: "Try installing 4.11.1 and uncheck the Search Bar during installation."
    >> It's not available on your website. (I tried installing daemon4123-lite.exe (without checking the boxes to install the crap) but I still have all the "bunnies" and the daemon search toolbar in Foxfire 2.

Underheaven says: "I believe it's listed as WhenU under control panel Add/Remove programs"
    (You believe? If you are daemon employee you should know.)
    >> No, WhenU is not there.

Copytrooper says "Check WhenU support site for uninstallation information regarding SaveNow."
    >>Didn't help -- besides, I downloaded this malware from daemon and I intentionally gave you the "support" that you asked for. Daemon now has a responsibility to help me get rid of it.

Please help me get rid of the daemon search toolbar in Foxfire 2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chitwilber View Post
    Underheaven says: "I believe it's listed as WhenU under control panel Add/Remove programs"

>> No, WhenU is not there.
    I said that because the ad-ware is updated to the newest most compatible versions every month or two. Sometimes the name is changed in the add/remove programs list due to a new update of the advertising package.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

New User

Default Well i say the same thing

I tried everything but couldn't Delete Deamon Search
    And i really think that you ppl ignoring this thing it's like you don't even feel giving a answer to how to delete it.

Deamon tool is great but to have an Addon/plugin that's can't be removed you are SOOOO lame.

So i am excepting That the next post will be Step by step How to Delete it NOT RANDOM solutions.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

It can be removed.

Start page:

Open Internet Explorer -> press on Tools -> Internet Options -> Enter start page where you see "Use current", "Use default" and "Use blank"

DAEMON Search Provider:

Open Internet Explorer -> Press on the arrow next to "DAEMON Search" -> Change Search Defaults -> Select another Search provider and click on "Set Default" or simply select "DAEMON Search" and then press on "Remove" button.

Last edited by Blazkowicz : 13.07.2008 at 00:20
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Why don't you try a more methodical and logical approach.

Go through your entire add/remove programs list and remove what you don't recognise. After all if you don't know what it is then it shouldn't be installed on your system.

That way i would like to bet that your almost garenteed to get rid of this advertising module.

New User

i didn't ask about Changing the provider i am talking about the whole thing, that i want to remove.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by danny_kay1710 View Post
    Why don't you try a more methodical and logical approach.

Go through your entire add/remove programs list and remove what you don't recognise. After all if you don't know what it is then it shouldn't be installed on your system.

That way i would like to bet that your almost garenteed to get rid of this advertising module.
    Sadly, i said i have tried everything Even deleting the registry File

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs -> Advantage -> Change/Remove -> Yes
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs -> Advantage -> Change/Remove -> Yes
    Didn't help, the whole par still here : /
    any other way!?

Master

I can't speak for FF, but that search bar is par for the course with IE. That's written in there by MS themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast