Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: 4.30.1 Freezes During Installs (possible RAID issue)

Default Daemon Tools 4.30.1...*sigh*

So...yeah.

Been going fine the past couple weeks with the previous version (through yet another set of clean installs...due to an unrelated issue) until I decided to install an OLD game which I had an itch to play again...Starcraft!

Of course, when I went to mount the Blindwrite images that I'd made long ago...of course, v4.30.0 told me, "No."

And then I couldn't remember which friend I'd lent out my original discs to (because I found my box/manuals/etc., but no discs), I had to go hunt down a warezed .iso image from the net, because, as you know, I couldn't use v4.30.1 in my systems.

So.

This hasn't been a widespread enough problem that it's been addressed at all anywhere else in the threads, and/or addressed by the devs? I'm kinda curious...

Peace. :wink:

You're not alone!

I am also having this issue (XP-Pro/SP3) ... I am going to be rebuilding my PC soon, so I will see if that makes a difference. It's posing a problem though, since 4.30.0 won't mount my mini-images properly, and 4.30.1 keeps crashing my PC ...

I tried a complete removal of DTools (SPTD included) and reinstalled. No change.

Master

@FesterSilently
    Why do you have the game images if you no longer posses the game?

Default Well...

@SnowLeopard - yah, I'm finding myself having to bounce between the two versions depending upon my needs at the moment (BlindWrite images vs. freezing my computer!).

@Jito463 - ...hunh? What do you mean? I'm not sure if your question is amazingly simplistic and straightforward or if I'm just not understanding you.

Anyway, I just did a clean install on my main rig and, while trying to install Mass Effect off of the .iso image I'd made a while back, my computer froze up(v. 4.30.1), and I remembered to put the old version back in. So I was wondering if anyone knows if the devs have acknowledged this problem and are attempting to alleviate it in an upcoming release/hotfix.

Peace, y'all.

Master

If you don't own the original, you can't legally possess a copy. Even if you just lost the discs, it's still not technically legal, and if you gave them to a friend, then you essentially gave up ownership rights to the games.

In other words, we can't help you if you don't own the original copy.

Default Curious Jito463.

I mean, you're seriously posing that question in THIS forum?

Really?

Okay, not that it's anyone's business but mine, but, yes: I do indeed own Starcraft and BroodWar. Nor, short of me inanely typing in my CD key for you to see, is there any real way (in a public thread) for me to prove my ownership to you or anyone else, now is there? And, assuming you already know that, why raise the issue in the first place?

I'd a suspicion that that's what you were hinting at in your last post, but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Okay, though - I'll answer you an item at a time:

"If you don't own the original..." Oh, but I do! A wonderful Battle Chest set (complete with the strategy guides and everything!) purchased about 5 years ago from the Best Buy I worked at. Not, of course, like I can prove that. Neither, however, can it be logically/legally disproved...so why bring it up?

"Even if you just lost the discs, it's still not technically legal." Really!? Well, I've got a gamebox and (believe it or not!) the receipt and all the other paraphernalia which I paid for that says otherwise. And my legal backup is exactly that: legal.

"...and if you gave them to a friend, then you essentially gave up ownership rights..." Not too clear on the legalities where that's concerned, and, although I'm willing to concede to you that point; it still can't be proven true or false, at least not in this forum, so, again: why bring it up, sir?

In the end, what people do with this wonderful software is this: mount images of software that they've created for themselves for various reasons, ostensibly to safeguard their purchased intellectual property from loss, damage, or wear and tear.

So, I ask one last time: why even bring it up at all?

I think perhaps: to lend yourself a modicum of self-importance, and perhaps, get a rise out of me. Bravo, sir, well done indeed.

To everyone else: I apologize for giving into my baser instincts and derailing the thread and going on like that. So I re-ask my original question: is this an acknowledged problem with v4.30.1 and is it being addressed?

Thanks in advance for any and all help, y'all. :wink:

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

I will try later in Vista Enterprise SP1 installing of a ISO image in DT Lite 4.30.1.

Code:
     I had to go hunt down a warezed .iso image from the net
    That is illegal, even if you own the original.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

@Blazkowicz

Ah-ha! All apologies, then - I was thinking about the proper and legal BlindWrite images I'd made for myself...and had completely forgotten I'd had to resort to that!

Thanks for the reminder! And thanks for the consideration.

Yours,
    Fester

Master

Quote Originally Posted by FesterSilently View Post
    And then I couldn't remember which friend I'd lent out my original discs to (because I found my box/manuals/etc., but no discs), I had to go hunt down a warezed .iso image from the net, because, as you know, I couldn't use v4.30.1 in my systems.

Just going by *your* words.

New User

Got the same problem here.

My Config:
    3 HDDs in an NVRaid and Sata HDD with Windows SP3.

Mounting an image with DT 4.30.1 from the raid volume i get an lockup even with very old images. So my first thought was its a problem with installshield.
    But normal filecopy from this raid mounted images could even result in a total lockup of windows.

Mounting and installing the images from the non raid OS HDD works flawless with 4.30.1.

So my logical conclusion is that 4.30.1 dont like the NVRaid driver. The driver is 6.86 for NF4 boards. The older versions of DT didn't had a problem with the raid at all.

The thread opener should ask his friend if he mounted the images from raid on his intel setup.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast