• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDRW drive not working at all after Daemon Tools

Operating System: WinXP (no SP)
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

After installing Daemon tools, my AOpen (think model 3248 ) CD RW drive stopped working. It can't detect CD's at all, though it can still open, close, and attempt to detect CDs (but never does). At first, it was only a problem with burning CDs, where Nero kept on messing up on burns, but very quickley, it turned to not being able to detect CD's at all.

It may be just a coincidence that this has happened after I installed Daemon tools, and that its caused by something else, but I can't think of any system changes or any installations, etc. that might cause this. Perhaps my CD RW drive has just died.

Thanks.

Operating System: Win98-SE
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 2.74

I have exactly the same problem. After installing and using Daeom tools my CDRW won't appear in explorer again. I read in another section about possible problems along with Windows XP but I use Win 98.

I have had this problem before with another CDRW and I thought that it was damaged and replaced it. Now I understand that it is some problem that comes along with Daemon Tools. Not necessarily a problem caused by Daemon Tools but still an annoying problem.

Comment

I dont have the problem where Windows wont even show the drives in My Computer.

My CDRW drive still shows up in My Computer, but just doesnt work (cant detect CDs)

Comment

If the drive itself fails to recognize cds it is defect. You should check it in another computer to be sure though.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

CDRW drive not working at all after Daemon Tools

Operating System: WIN96SE
          Burning Software: burnatonce 0_99b 2004 [CDRAO with GUI]
          Anti-virus Software: Lavasoft AdAware 6.181 --- spybot sd12
          DAEMON Tools Version: daemon344

:roll: Not quite ny problem, but close. My real drive is a Seagate CDRW/DVD reader I've been using for a few weeks now as drive D (replaced old read-only CD drive);
          but since installing D-Tools (6 Feb 2004) instead of showing D-E-F drives I show only D-E: D-Tools has taken over my REAL drive!

This may also be klaufi''s problem.

I am debating at the moment whether to uninstall D-Tools or see if I can add back my real drive as a new drive. Either can be a mess... If I try adding back the old drive, should I have D-Tools rename its drives to E and F then look for my real drive as D?
          :?:

Comment

Set drive letter for Daemon to V: or something else

Comment

Working...
            X