Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Daemon Tools Lite riddled with spyware

well, I first thought that, too. But after I read the thread at
    the other board where all this crap seemed to start, I guess
    it was indeed only a guy with less knowledge (unexperienced
    user or beginner with computer-systems maybe) and not
    harmfull intentions against us.
    Unfortunatly, this charming guy, accusing us for riddling his systems and
    menaced to report about it on some blogger-sites, now caused some confusion, as people
    (often) do not read the full thread but only first few lines.
    Strong lines like

I don't know what kind of game you are running here
    are pretty fast cited by others and so the "hear-say" is on
    its way. The guy only thought about his computers security,
    I dont believe it was some kind of conspiracy. But in the end,
    this is not what counts, as @bernaar already pointed out.

Therefore I changed the first post now and added some lines
    as a note and summarized the results plus added at the bottom
    of this site a linkback to the forum where all this hassle also
    annoyed some guys, who - THANKS to you, whoever you are! -
    found out pretty fast that we are not the culprit here and
    CHECKED what they post before harm others. Anyway. I'm
    pretty pissed now. Maybe best would be to all guys who post such
    not-true statements deny the right to use DT for
    lifetime now and ban them from all our sites. This to protect our interests,
    as such persons can obviously damage our reputation, plus we dont want
    to deal with them in the future but concentrate on those who contributed the most
    to DT and our community.

Default seriously..

Hello everyone,

I've just taken a 360 degree roundup throughout the internet about all this spyware issue. The funniest of course was a blog, that simply stated a "she's down, she's broke, she's shit" kinda situation. Needlessly to say that well detached was of course the DT ad aware/ spyware issue.

I've been using this application since almost it's first appearance on the web as a totally free tool and watched at a distance it's growth.

So I gotta say that after some time away I was pretty shocked to find out that DT youst (as in past) to contain ad aware. Shame on you.

I am really annoyed that a one second download in my brand new 50 Mbit connection actually took me 1 and a half ours to end! it's unacceptable.

Although I think you guys are still going to need a few more threads explaining how to remove your optional IE bar by the registry, I faithfully believe this will come to pass.

It's however astonishing how a misinformation spark can do such harm. But please, do not turn this program into a "crappy" package as early suggested. Seriously..

New User

woah... necromance from the past.

Mods... feel free to delete this thread if it's getting search engine hits or hits from social media sites.

I know the majority of users will probably only read the OP, but I just want to say that I've been using DT since posting this thread all those years ago without issue. I recommend it to everyone I know now, and in fact the office where I worked till recently all use this software.

I would hate to think that something I wrote in haste and ignorance years ago is damaging the reputation of an application that I love.

So feel free to remove this thread entirely to stop it from being found and misconstrued by others.

New User

I only recently bought my computer, regular scans, downloaded daemon tools lite, I get some crap telling me to get their smilies, trying to change my home page and some shit trogen.gen crap, this is the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite, so stop lying.

If it wasn't then, it sure is now and I downloaded directly off of your website. So, be pissed. Be really pissed because it sucks when shit you do not want gets installed on your computer without even a hard-to-find way of preventing it. No box to tick etc. This thread was started back in 08, sooo perhaps you guys just decided "fuck it" and went ahead and went down that route. Whatever the cause, there's unwanted software bundled with your program now and I'm pretty sure that THAT is why you are moderating comments. Trashy. real trashy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12