Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 181

Thread: DAEMON Tools Extensions (DTE)

New User

Thanks for your replies, Blazkowicz. Could you inform in this thread if it will be fixed, ok?

Hello

I have a problem. I wanna play GTA IV without the CD, but of course it detects Daemon Tools due to Securom.
    So i get the error: "Konflikt mit Emulationssoftware entdeckt" ( means " emulation conflict detexted" ).
    Then i tryed your little tool "DTE". But when i open a new drive, DTE shows me with this little red sign, that it is "unable to cloak this drive" on the side of "SecurOm".
    And i want to cloak Securom, because GTAIV is protected of it.

Please help me

MfG Trio

PS: Sorry because of my bad english.... I hope it is understandable.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

@Triokon
    Only vIDE of DT Pro Advanced Build 304 is supported, no vSCSI.
    When you want to cloak vIDE and it shows red cross, then change drive's parameters in DT Pro.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    @Triokon
    Only vIDE of DT Pro Advanced Build 304 is supported, no vSCSI.
    When you want to cloak vIDE and it shows red cross, then change drive's parameters in DT Pro.
    Umpf, i have DT Pro Standard Build... should be the newest, it is the 20 day trial version.
    There is an understanding problem for me.... What du you mean with "change drive`s parameters in DT PRO"? Where can i change this? Could you explain that a little bit? Would be great if you could give me the steps to do this....
    Sorry about the newbishness.

MfG Triokon

PS: I even saw that you are "GERMAN TRANSLATOR".....Would it be possible to explain it to me in german.... It would make the hole thing easier for me.

Another question....You even talked about the Pro Advanced version. Is it possible for me toupgrade my Pro Standard version to the adavanced version?
    That would maybe solve the problem, if i have understood you right.

MfG Trio
    Last edited by Blazkowicz : 09.02.2009 at 16:35

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

vIDE drive = virtual IDE drive

And only DT Pro Advanced has vIDE drives, therefore not possible for Standard one.

For upgrade, just select Help -> License -> Trial license and select Advanced. Now you should have a trial version (20 day) for Advanced one. Of course this only works if you haven't tried Advanced one before.

For changing drive's parameter:
    DT Pro Agent -> Virtual CD/DVD-ROM -> select a virtual IDE drive -> Set parameter -> Enter something into Vendor, Model and Revision

German translation:

vIDE-Laufwerk = virtuelles IDE-Laufwerk

Und nur DT Pro Advanced besitzt vIDE-Laufwerke, daher mit der Standard nicht moeglich.

Zum Upgrade, klicken Sie einfach auf Hilfe -> Lizenz -> Testlizenz und waehlen Sie dann Advanced aus. Jetzt sollten Sie eine Testversion (20 Tage) der Advanced haben. Natuerlich funktioniert dieses nur, falls Sie nicht bereits vorher die Advanced getestet haben.

Um die Laufwerkseigentschaften zu aendern:
    DT Pro Agent -> Virtuelle Laufwerke -> ein virtuelles IDE-Laufwerk auswaehlen -> Laufwerkeigenschaften festlegen -> Etwas anderes bei Hersteller, Modell und Firmware eingeben
    Last edited by Blazkowicz : 09.02.2009 at 16:41
    Peace Through Power

TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Just for french people :
    A quick start guide has been made here

by the way, if discprowler want to translate his program in another language, i ll be pleased to make the french translation

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

English should be enough for that tool as you only have to click on one or two buttons.
    Peace Through Power

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Quote Originally Posted by mbf-4 View Post
    Could you inform in this thread if it will be fixed, ok?
    Check attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Peace Through Power

New User

Hmmmm, this version also don't work for me... wtf?

Experienced User

i know that feeling .. personally im not going to use this even if it is fixed, its destructive, has no undo and polls the drives far far too many times (presumably to find new drives, but it could do that from windows messaging)... the gui is also unresponsive at times.. im really surprised its being promoted by dt in its current state.. for me, i'll use syk0's new tool, which (surprise surprise) isn't destructive (has undo feature) and is considerably smaller and reliable (just like most of the tools he's released)...

/me kicks DTE to the recycle bin
    my views are 100% personal views..

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast