Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting DVD image (NWN2)

Hi,

I am trying to mount a DVD image I made with Blindwrite 6.2.0.3. It seems to work but when I try to run the game (Neverwinter Nights 2) it gives the error message "Original disk could not be found or authenticated." After this the disk image is unmounted and I cannot even see it from Windows explorer. I am using XP SP2.

I have downloaded the latest version of DT lite.

Please advise.

That SecuROM error means your image is bad, recreate the image with DAEMON Tools Pro and New SecuROM profile.

Automatic unmount only happens when access to image is disturbed.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you saying the problem lies with Blindwrite? I don't want to buy any more s/w do to the same thing if possible.

Comment

You can try to lower read speed on automatic profile in BlindWrite.
        What settings did you use for image creation and what drive?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I can confirm that the image creation tool in Daemon Tools Pro works perfectly with NWN2 and all of its expansions.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
            You can try to lower read speed on automatic profile in BlindWrite.
            What settings did you use for image creation and what drive?
            There's no read speed option I can find in BW. I used the default settings (profile: Automatic). I don't know what the other options mean: Bad Sectors, NoSplit, Normal, nibble.

Comment

Profile automatic is correct, but it is sad BW doesn't have a read speed option.
              You can try to use tools like CD Throttle to use a different read speed.
              Else you can try (20 days) DT Pro Advanced.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks again. If I use CD throttle, what is a good read speed to try? I am also interested to know how the read speed could make a difference.

Comment

You have to try, some drives read better DPM at slow speed (like my LGs) and some when they are faster, therefore you have to try.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                  X