Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to buy Daemon Tools Pro Adv but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to buy Daemon Tools Pro Adv but ...

Imho the price is to prohibitively expensive !
    Euro 39.90 for 1 year of updates only , and the pace at which the new versions come out looking at the web site, this most probably means 1 or 2 updates.

The nearest competitor Alholocol 120 % cost Euro 39.00 but has life time updates !

Honestly my point is not to winge here but paying 25 Euro + every year for a burning software is quite expensive deal IMHO.

I also see legal customers have to go through the hassle of online verification every once in one month. Why is this ? A customer who has passed the online check to install the software properly will not turn out illegal in the next month automatically. And a customer who has sucessfully checked the legality via online checking in one month, will not be illegal in next month !

I don't know whether this post violates some rules of this forum, or some others may point out I am a stingy bugger, but my request to the development team/company is

1. Lower the price and if possible, make a one-time price for a life time update license, so that no more renewing every year. I would rather fork out one big amount and get a lifetime license and not keep on paying in increments every year.

2. Reduce the draconian once a check every month to may be one check every 1 year or 6 months.

Originally Posted by Babe View Post
    A customer who has passed the online check to install the software properly will not turn out illegal in the next month automatically. And a customer who has sucessfully checked the legality via online checking in one month, will not be illegal in next month !
    not quite correct, what if the person gave out their license, was hacked etc... a check once a month is perfectly fine, after all its only a matter of seconds, and i would bet you check your emails more than that and it probably takes longer..
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Hello DT Soft, how about my proposal of one lump payment for a lifetime support ?

Comment

...and the pace at which the new versions come out looking at the web site, this most probably means 1 or 2 updates.
        If i didn't miscount there were some more updates the last 12 months

The nearest competitor Alcohol 120 % cost Euro 39.00 but has life time updates !
        Just for the sake of completeness:
        That's a special time-limited half price Lifetime Upgrades offer.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
          If i didn't miscount there were some more updates the last 12 months

Just for the sake of completeness:
          That's a special time-limited half price Lifetime Upgrades offer.
          Even at full price for 78 Euro, that is lifetime updates. So coming back to my point, any chance of one lump payment for a life time update with DT Pro advanced ?

Comment

I too want to buy Daemon Tools and have been looking at my available options for the last few days. As it stands now it looks like I'll go with Alcohol 120 as the value is far superior. I've been using Daemon Tools Lite for a long time and didn't want to give it up, but my primary use for it is just the drive emulation (I wish to have more than 4 emulated drives). It's a shame to lose a potential customer this way but I see no other choice

Comment

Alcohol has also online activation and DT Pro is better for drive emulation, but also more expensive.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Well I only really want either of the apps to get access to more than 4 emulated drives. I use other applications for my images that suit my purposes and quite frankly, annual costs are far from worth it just to get more than 4 emulated drives. Oh well. Minus 1 sale.

Comment

Annual costs are only if you always want the latest version.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Any chance of one lump payment for a life time update with DT Pro advanced ?

I am thinking getting a license for 2 users for my 2 PCS at home now that Windows 7 is here in 2 weeks.

If no life time license is made, whats the price for 2 home users in the same house for 1 year and 5 year ?

But I repeat for god sake, why not make a life time license option available ? I just pay one lumpsome in one go and I can enjoy it without head aches for the rest of my life.

Also any chance of including Astroburn Pro inside DT Pro and selling it as one complete solution ?

Thanks

Babe

Comment

2 Users for 1 year: 47,90 €
                      2 Users for 5 years: 122,90 €

Btw. you can easily calculate the prices over at disc-soft.com

Comment

I just signed up to reply to this thread and share a very enlightening blog post: Software Pricing: Are We Doing It Wrong?

I've been following Daemon Tools development for a long time and thinking about purchasing for a short time. However, since the price is excessive high (in my opinion), I unfortunately won't be spending any money on this site.

Daemon Tools folks... I think you should seriously rethink your pricing strategy.

Comment

You can buy DAEMON Tools Pro Standart. Its price is more affordable. It's only your choise.

Our products correspond to their price.

Comment

maybe a price cheaper = more selling = less illegal copies?

it's the same for me: 40€ plus 20% VAT is too much to afford, expecially in this crisis period.

Comment

Working...
                            X