Patching weak sectors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching weak sectors...

I am still having some problems with efmgame and my Lite-On.

Using some weak sector detecting code (Thanks Oliver!) and patching code, I've been able to get all but a few to work correctly, some of the very hard ones (Although, it seems to confirm alexnoe's merging bits algorithm theories).

My question is: Does anyone here know of an optimal strategy for interleaving the errors? All of mine either leave some sectors unreadable due to a too high DSV and incorrect merging bits, and others because I patch too many or the wrong bytes.

Can anybody offer any help?

which LiteON? LiteOns generally write weak sectors correct except of a few (f.e. 16101b if I remember right)

Which Game you want to patch? And please explain "AlexNoe's" mergingbits theorie here, is there a NEW mergingbits theorie or is it the old theorie from Olli??? BTW: I don't believe this theorie, use searchfunction and you find some infos I posted about weaksectors, but I'm always willing to learn...

Comment

which LiteON? LiteOns generally write weak sectors correct except of a few (f.e. 16101b if I remember right)
      Lite-On 24102B.

Which Game you want to patch?
      Not a game. efmgame (Misleading name) is a collection of all the possible weak sector patterns (scrambled, of course!). There are no known drives which can copy all of the patterns.

And please explain "AlexNoe's" mergingbits theorie here, is there a NEW mergingbits theorie or is it the old theorie from Olli???
      What do you mean by "Olli's" merging bits theory? I am almost certain that Olli would not be able to determine this theory.

Note: I sent you a PM which contains info I have been asked not to reveal in a forum.

Comment

Using some weak sector detecting code (Thanks Oliver!)
        so finally you use it ?!

Comment

Originally Posted by OlivierFromFrance
          Using some weak sector detecting code (Thanks Oliver!)
          so finally you use it ?!
          Hehehe...

For quite some time, yes. I just can't the patching to work 100%... :-(

I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible for some of them to be patched.

Comment

Working...
          X