No announcement yet.

Securom 7.40.xxx Blacklisted on some HW configs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a main idea using DT is plaing the game witouth disk (because of scratching disk,etc.).... of course I agree.
    But I don't think that I'll play it so long.
    If another..... it also has a "right for life")

Comment

I paid 122,90 EUR for a 5 year license, however I cannot get a single game started with the latest Deamon Tools & Y.A.S.U.

Two examples:

1. Virtua Tennis 2009
      2. Fuel

I feel a bit ripped off now. Understandable?

Comment

which error message you have when you try to start the game?
        HOW you create the image file?
        can you play with the original disc?

Comment

hey niko, i read this thread n followed ur suggestion, though i know you wouldn't like to talk about other software in the forum, but just a quick question if you don't mind, so i just burn the image with RMPS option enabled then just run it with physical drive n it should work?

Comment

Originally Posted by kami View Post
            ...so i just burn the image with RMPS option enabled...
            + you have to activate the RMPS emulation in Alcohol's or DAEMON Tools' options before loading the RMPS-DVD in the drive.
            Originally Posted by kami View Post
            ...then just run it with physical drive n it should work?
            At least there is no blacklisting of RMPS emulation, but still such copy can fail
            as some drives "like" to start such copies better than others.
            Also it's a good idea to use a MDS file verified working, e.g. this one.

Back on topic
            @All getting the "conflict with emulation software" error when using YASU - regardless of OS & chipset:
            There are no workarounds or special hints to make it work.
            You have to wait for an updated version of YASU or DAEMON Tools.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
              You have to wait for an updated version of YASU or DAEMON Tools.
              Well, better just say new YASU or DTE releases as DT itself does nothing against blacklists in the last versions.

Comment

Hmm

Sorry if I dug up an old thread...

I am getting the same errors as these guys, and I was wondering if anyone has come closer to a solution? A new YASU, DTL, etc? New method, even?

Cheers.

Comment

I'm running XP x86 and have a P965 using onboard RAID10 and one Plextor SATA Drive. My workaround to "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected" is the following:

First of all, I'am not using yasu or any other anti-blacklisting tool. Just Daemon Tools Lite.

I perform the following two registry operations to avoid blacklisting:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1 <- deny read or full access for administrators. (It's the Daemon Tools SCSI-Adapter)

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Enum <- decrease "Count"-Value from 2 to 1.

After those two steps I can play every Securom game with a mounted Backup except ArmA2 and FUEL.

But however I found out that after some reboots, both games start just fine. It's kind of random. I reboot my machine, perform both steps described above and try to start the game. Mostly I get the error, but after ~5 reboots the game starts and will do every time until I reboot again.

I don't know why but, its the same for ArmA2 and FUEL. If I reboot often enough, both games work.

I noticed excactly the same behavior running XP in VMWare and using Daemon Tools.

The only thing that obviously changes every reboot is the random SCSI-Adapter name. At the moment it's AW3SP2X8 and the games are running fine. Maybe those names are somehow blacklisted with a formula.

so long,
                  hackzero

Comment

Thanks

Originally Posted by hackzero View Post
                    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Enum <- decrease "Count"-Value from 2 to 1.

so long,
                    hackzero
                    Thanks so far.

At that stage, I look at my "Count" value, and it is at 7. I am running Win XP 32 bit, SP2. Ideas? What do I change it to?

Cheers.

Comment

EDIT: Couldn't find an edit button.

Ok, so I realise that number is dependant on the number of virtual drives I have. I turned off my MagicISO and PowerISO drives, leaving only 1 - my Daemon Tools virtual drive.

I am still getting the "Conflict with emulation software detected' message.

Help?

Cheers.

Comment

@HateDread
                        There is no "new" method or workaround.
                        Just be patient and wait for an updated YASU or the new men.
                        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@HateDread
                          There is no "new" method or workaround.
                          Yeah, that was my original plan.

It's just, hackzero gave me new hope, with a new lead.

Sorry if I bugged/plagued you guys - I was just excited (:

Keep up the good work, and good luck with YASU/men.

Comment

Originally Posted by HateDread View Post
                            Sorry if I bugged/plagued you guys...
                            Of course you didn't

Comment

What about making a sticky out of this, headlining "SecuRom Vx.xxx.xx - Solutions here"

And then list the ways to cheat the different versions.
                              Maybe there will be less hours wasted for those who are looking for solutions - and a couple of the allmighty "when itґs done" answers can be reduced to a minimum maybe.

Comment

Originally Posted by hackzero View Post
                                I'm running XP x86 and have a P965 using onboard RAID10 and one Plextor SATA Drive. My workaround to "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected" is the following:

First of all, I'am not using yasu or any other anti-blacklisting tool. Just Daemon Tools Lite.

I perform the following two registry operations to avoid blacklisting:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1 <- deny read or full access for administrators. (It's the Daemon Tools SCSI-Adapter)

After those two steps I can play every Securom game with a mounted Backup except ArmA2 and FUEL.

But however I found out that after some reboots, both games start just fine. It's kind of random. I reboot my machine, perform both steps described above and try to start the game. Mostly I get the error, but after ~5 reboots the game starts and will do every time until I reboot again.

I don't know why but, its the same for ArmA2 and FUEL. If I reboot often enough, both games work.

I noticed excactly the same behavior running XP in VMWare and using Daemon Tools.

The only thing that obviously changes every reboot is the random SCSI-Adapter name. At the moment it's AW3SP2X8 and the games are running fine. Maybe those names are somehow blacklisted with a formula.

so long,
                                hackzero
                                Hello everybody, this is my first message on DT forums :-)
                                I can give my contribution to the discussion
                                I followed the standard instructions to get ArmaII to work (using YASU and DT) but it didnt work.
                                So I tried your suggestions and finally i got ArmaII to start!
                                Thank you!

Nice job

Comment

Working...
                                X