Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: YASU 1.6.9.9040 not compatible with DT 4.35

Default YASU 1.6.9.9040 not compatible with DT 4.35

YASU 1.6.9 couldn't detect Daemon Tools 4.35 because of main program file change (DT changed from daemon.exe to DTLite.exe)

simply change the name of the DtLite executable to daemon.exe or dtpro.exe (i made a copy of the file and i use the original exe for autostart and renamed daemon.exe for YASU)

I created a hard link to DTLite.exe called DTpro.exe by doing MKLINK /H "path to DT folder\DTpro.exe" "path to DT folder\DTLite.exe"

New User

How is a hard link in this situation more advantageous than a symlink?

Experienced User

The hardlink exists - there is no symlink under Windows.
    Upgrade your programs:
    DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Idee YASU fix on Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by DTuserW7 View Post
    I created a hard link to DTLite.exe called DTpro.exe by doing MKLINK /H "path to DT folder\DTpro.exe" "path to DT folder\DTLite.exe"
    I think this applies only on Windows Vista and newer. On Windows XP you can use:
    Code:
    fsutil hardlink create "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe"
    for DTLite. For default installation folder you can simply copy and paste above command into Start->Run... and execute. Remember that hard link will not work on FAT partition!

simply change the name of the DtLite executable to daemon.exe or dtpro.exe (i made a copy of the file and i use the original exe for autostart and renamed daemon.exe for YASU)

This don't work for me the same error message as in OP

Quote Originally Posted by DTuserW7 View Post
    I tried renaming the file, and that didn't work, my only problem currently is that I can't find out how to create a Hard Link. Anyone willing to give me a little walk-through please?

Experienced User

Why so complicated?

Just create a copy of DTLite.exe with the name 'DTPro.exe' and your problem will be gone.

Of course Yasu needs to be in this directory too.
    Upgrade your programs:
    DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Quote Originally Posted by ..::shiFt::.. View Post
    Why so complicated?

Just create a copy of DTLite.exe with the name 'DTPro.exe' and your problem will be gone.

Of course Yasu needs to be in this directory too.
    I also attempted that, when just renaming the file didn't work, and I still got the error message, that's why I thought making a Hard Link would help the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast