problem with autorun and engine code error: 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem.
    I'm running Win 7 64bit and when I'm trying to add a drive letter it shows Engine Error Code: 8.
    I've tried adding new virtual devices, updating driver by pointing C:\Windows\Inf as the directory but nothing seems to help.

Any more ideas about this problem?

Comment

How I solved it

Ok.. So I was trying to put a drive letter and the error 8 is what I get.... I tried to look in other threads and found no solution.. so I look at the device manager and there is also another problem there which is Code 39... so I tried to find a solution and I found it here : http://http://www.pchell.com/hardwar..._code_39.shtml

After rebooting, I didn't have a problem assigning drive letters coz it automatically did.

Hope this helps!

Comment

"How i solved it" broken link

i am getting error 8 on a archos 9 tablet . i have no cd drive for dt to shadow. but i do have the "port replicator" . maybe theirs a solve for this new generation of tablets an netbooks?

Comment

What do you exactly mean with "port replicator"?
          DT works without any physical disk drives.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Drozdek View Post
            I have the same problem.
            I'm running Win 7 64bit and when I'm trying to add a drive letter it shows Engine Error Code: 8.
            I've tried adding new virtual devices, updating driver by pointing C:\Windows\Inf as the directory but nothing seems to help.

Any more ideas about this problem?
            I also checked my registry and I have no such things as Upper or Lower Filters in there.
            Also tried uninstalling and then installing SPTD.

These were all four solutions I've found on this forum in similar threads. And still... nothing helped!

Anyone?

Comment

win 7 64bit - error 8

same problem as above. Possible conflict with VMWare or MS Virtual PC? Did anyone find a solution for this?

Comment

Originally Posted by achimkrell View Post
                same problem as above. Possible conflict with VMWare or MS Virtual PC? Did anyone find a solution for this?
                Hello someone found something????

Comment

Hi guys,

You can try if the following steps work for you.

1. Go to Device Manager
                  2. Go to CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Tab and delete the virtual CD/DVD Rom DT had installed for you.
                  3. Reboot your machine.

After reboot, go back to Device Manager and you will see the device there again.

Go to DT and try to assign a parameter and you will find the CD/DVD Rom had been assigned with a region and drive.

You can now safely change the drive if you wanted so.

I have tested it on Windows Vista (2 times) and Windows 7 (both x64 and x86) for a few times now and it is working.

Hope it will solve your problem too.

Comment

solved

Same problem but this registry file solved it :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
                    "UpperFilters"=-
                    "LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr]

Comment

The registry solution worked for me, and got me out of a OS rebuild - which was the next step! So good work to those who found it!

Comment

Working...
                      X