problem with autorun and engine code error: 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with autorun and engine code error: 8

i just downloaded this program and im trying to follow instructions to use it for something but it seems there's no autorun option after i mount the file. Im assuming the auto insert notification is not disabled because the box is checked but if i click ok an error message that says "engine code error: 8" pops up.

What DT and OS version?
    Also content of the image is?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Daemon Tools Lite Drive Error

Hello.

I'm running Daemon Tools Lite on Windows Vista. I have installed, un-installed, and re-installed Daemon Tools Lite several times and the problem still remains - No drive letter can be assigned to the device parameter. I get a pop-up error code : 8 whenever I assign a drive letter and click OK.

Anyone know the solution to this problem?

Comment

Same problem

Hello,

I have the same problem as the user who started this post. Running Windows XP (with latests updates) and running the latest Daemon Tools "lite" 4.35

I can add a virtual drive, but the drive has no letter assigned to it and does not show up in windows explorer. Assigning a drive letter with Daemon Tools results in the "engine code error: 8" message.

I should remark that the program has always worked fine up until now. I have tried to reinstal the CD-Rom drivers, but to no avail. Furthermore, I have been juggling with my .NET framework installation recently, can that have anything to do with this?

I appreciate your input!

Comment

Can you assign a drive letter through windows?
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Fixed

hi,

I have the exatc same problem (On vista with latest patches and deamon tools lite 4.35)

Is this problem resolved yet?

Comment

Same Problem

Looking on the dates of these threads, seems to be a new problem.

At my notebook it comes along with an error message for all cd/dvd drives on windows vista. Since these drives runs until yesterday, I think the problem comes with a windows update or fix ?!

Would be nice to have a solution for the problem.
              Greets Ekbalam

Comment

Did you try to reinstall SPTD and DT completely?

Comment

Solution ?!

I'm not sure if these works always for this problem. Like I said all my cd/dvd drive didn't worked and there was no letter asigned to the drives.

On my search in the net I found this:
                  The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista

Following the description my drives got back including daemon tools.

Hope, it will help you too.
                  Greets Ekbalam

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                    Did you try to reinstall SPTD and DT completely?
                    Yes, i completely uninstalled, rebooted my pc and installed DT lite. With the same error as a result.
                    I have downloaded DT lite 2 weeks ago and installed it but it has never worked. there are no drives visible (also not in device manager). When i install DT you can hear the "dingdong" that Vista has found a new device...

Comment

Nope, this is not working for me. I can see my normal CD/DVD player. It's working fine. But no DT virtual drive. I cannot assign a drive letter. It results in error code 8.

Comment

Found something new

After a reboot in Safe Mode (did no configuration in safe mode) and rebooted back in normal mode and there now shows up a SCSI CDROM DEVICE beneath "Other devices" with a question mark beside it.
                        Still not working...

Comment

Solved it!

I mannualy pointed the unknown device to "cdrom.inf" That instantely did the trick. Why it has not done that automaticly... i do not know..
                          Probablly a vista bug

Comment

Originally Posted by rfekkes View Post
                            Probablly a vista bug

I think, not only.

I've installed Widows XP 64bit recently.
                            And then I've installed Daemons 4.35.5 lite. But It doesn't work. Error 8...

Comment

This is a reasonably old thread now so perhaps you guys found a fix. I just did a fresh install of Daemon Lite on Windows 7 Ultimate and had this issue i.e. wasn't assigning drive letter and if I tried to assign manually via Daemon Tools I got the error 8 message.

I managed to get it working by simply going into Virtual Devices and adding another virtual drive, it then assigned a drive letter to both devices.

Comment

Working...
                              X