Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Security softwares DT has problems with

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

You should follow the guide in case you didn't install latest DT Lite.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Just built my Win7 (64bit) system. Installed DT (lastest version) without error. Program will not run. Get error others have presented about needing windows 2000 and SPTD 1.69 or higher. Followed instructions regarding security and registry to remove SPTD and re-install. Downloaded stand alone sptd 1.69. Installed without error. Rebooted. Installed DT. No errors. Rebooted. DT gadget cannot initialize and if I attempt to run program manually I get the Windows 2000, sptd 1.69 required error again.
    Disabled ZA toolbar.
    Run Viper AV for security.

What can I do now??

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

You must uninstall ZA toolbar. Will check Viper AV (even though never heard of it before).

EDIT: You are sure you aren't talking about vipreantivirus?
    Vipre is not a problem.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz : 24.05.2010 at 20:47
    Peace Through Power

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    You must uninstall ZA toolbar. Will check Viper AV (even though never heard of it before).

EDIT: You are sure you aren't talking about vipreantivirus?
    Vipre is not a problem.
    The AV is from Sunbelt Software. It might be called Vipre. It is their AV/AS software, NOT their firewall.

I will double check the toolbars with ZA. I use both Firefox and IE. Maybe I disabled in one and not the other.

Will get back with you!

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

I'm not talking about disabling, I'm talking about uninstalling through control panel.
    Peace Through Power

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    I'm not talking about disabling, I'm talking about uninstalling through control panel.
    I understand now and did un-install through CP. Now the program runs and asks me to activate. I supplied the code I received and the program indicates successful activation, but nothing happens. There is nothing in the systray and the gadget still says there is an initialization error. Every time I run the program it asks me to activate again. I have completely shut down ZA just to see if that makes a difference and doesn't appear to. Thoughts??

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Please send a message with the problem and a link to this thread, thank you.
    Peace Through Power

I have another computer with McAfee Security Center, and it says that the DTLite.exe is a virus (detection name "New Poly Win32") and quarantines it. The only around it is if I restore the file then disable Anti-Virus protection.

Do you have the latest McAfee database?

I checked to make sure and it's not, sorry about that. It's not my computer but another family members. Here's some pictures, the signatures are out of date and the program needs to be renewed to get further updates. The person got the program along with the computer.

http://a.imageshack.us/img705/6790/m...ritycenter.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img705/2861/m...ycenterqua.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast