daemon tools pro lifetime license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon tools pro lifetime license

since its lifetime license, i think it should have ability to use offline. because it is a big inconvenience that it needs to connect every now and then to function normally. its a real turnoff to people living in countries that still don't have internet infrastructure in the neighborhood and need to go to those scarce internet cafes to read emails. its bad enough that they need to live in less civilized countries/villages or whatever. its worse that programs need to connect to internet to work. its like daemon tools is saying if you live in poor country, you don't have right to use our product. i think its such a discrimination. don't get me wrong, i am using lifetime license on my laptop right now. but its annoying if you have to travel to a place where there is no connection and it happens that daemon tools was due to connect for its 'regular checkup'. its just a perfect way to ruin your plans.personally, this is one of the cases where companies take one step too far to the left.

You do have 60 days to work without internet connection, so I personally don't see a problem there.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Well, I just wanted to download the last Lite version, but I lost one minute to check news on the paid versions, but I read this 60-day thing so I have to post.

Honestly, worse idea EVER, and I thank that all devs of this world took lessons of the past but apparently, it is not the case.

What will happen if your company die, for exemple ?

I mean, musics with DRMs had this problem, and some people were screwed because the server wasn't up anymore after the company was closed, to check licences. Few gave a solution but it wasn't so great than just download illegally the song. If the song was downloaded illegaly in the first place, the problem wouldn't exist...

Here, we have the same situation. If for an X or Y reason, who can be local or in your side, there is not more the possibility to use the software because of a stupid time limit, where is the interest to buy it in the first place ? Better to download it illegaly, honestly, as there will be a file joined with it to avoid this behaviour.

Even STEAM don't have this problem, as long that you uncheck an option to update some files, and get the game of course. After that, no more internet is needed whatever the time you use it.

There is things who are not negociable, and keep CONTROL of the product I just bought is mandatory.

Hopefully, the free Deamon Lite version is still OK

Comment

Are you DAEMON Tools customer? I think you do not. So what's the problem?

Offline period was INCREASED up to 60 days. It is big step towards our customers.

All DT paid versions work in this way for years. We live in Internet age! Absolute majority of modern people use Internet every day. We distibute our products via Internet only. So I don't see any problem here.

FYI: Our company isn't going to die in the foreseeable future

Comment

I am not a customer, but still I wanted to check the paid versions to see if it could be interesting. With this 60-day limit, no way I will buy one whatever features the choosed version has (the standard one).

The fact that Internet is everywhere don't mean that everything can be acceptable, so neither that everything has to depend of it. To check new version and download them ? Ok. To restrict usage ? No. As I said, there was some experiments, and they failed, but it was the customers who took most of the damage.

Even if you say that you are not going to close, the imperative to secure all expenses is a priority, and this limitation don't permit it.

Anyway, it is your software, not mine, so you do as you wish ^^

Comment

i am a Daemon Tools Customer and i am not that worried about this 60 days thingie (yet!... ), but, still, i am planning to install some software on some PCs that i don't want to connect (ever!...) to internet... 60 days works for me, but wouldn't be nicer with some other solution?...

Comment

Originally Posted by lovetruth View Post
              i am a Daemon Tools Customer and i am not that worried about this 60 days thingie (yet!... ), but, still, i am planning to install some software on some PCs that i don't want to connect (ever!...) to internet... 60 days works for me, but wouldn't be nicer with some other solution?...
              If you need advanced media emulation it's likely for games to be played. If it is for games to be played, than that must be a gaming computer (not some nuclear reactor control terminal). And if it is just a gaming computer why do you not want so much to connect to Internet (ever!...)?

Comment

Working...
              X