Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Star Wars Empire at War Gold

New User

Hey Terramex,

That's great, I've just tried the attached MDS file - and it seems to work! At least the game does not abort with an error message during startup.

I'll guess I have to let my kids verify this at the end.

What did you do different than I that it worked?

Thanks,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
    @pemu
    Browsing official & unofficial Lucasarts Forums you can find many people having problems with that title - even installation fails for many. Maybe some faulty pressing.

Please try the attached MDS file instead of yours.
    If that doesn't help to pass the check as well please have a look at the advice in this post.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

His drive can produce better DPMs.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Customer

@pemu
    After taking a look at the GH10L firmware that drive reveals to have a Renesas chipset, which is mostly capable of good DPM - but as it's an OEM drive made for HP this can't be said with certainty.

If not up to date you can try again with this Firmware:
    HL-DT-ST GH10L DVD-R/RW Drive Firmware Update HP Pavilion a6418l Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Please also stop all dispensable programs/services (at least the demanding ones), or in general: create as little CPU load as possible and leave the PC alone during the DPM.

It also might be that your drive is quite worn out, and last but not least it can still be a faulty pressing.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Default Help..

So, For the past hour or two, I've been playing with SWEaW..Trying to figure this out, The only thing I see that I need would be Autoloader, Which ISNT in the downloads link of this site, Unless its in one of the 4 downloads there...(Excuse me, I am a newb here, And to mounting disks, So help, If you could.)

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

What is your exact problem Siwarone?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12