How to create an .iso file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create an .iso file

I was just wondering what is the best way to copy an image of my games to my computer. I hate having to use the CD-ROM, because it causes my games to be choppy. I'm almost certain it's the CD-ROM because I downloaded an illegal copy of it on my parents computer before I got my own copmuter and legal copy and the illegal copy ran fine with all graphics settings set to high ... (Note that I don't endorse downloading illegal material and actually went out and bought the game)

My parents computer was ...

AMD 1200 MHz T-Bird
    512 MB PC133
    GF4 MX440
    60 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    Windows XP

My computer is ...

AMD 2500+
    512 MB PC2700
    GF4 MX440 (same card)
    120 GB 7200 RPM HDD (partitioned into 5 drives)
    Windows XP (w/ ALL the same settings as my parents computer)

I checked the troubleshooting guide and it said that it was a common problem with CD-ROMS ...

Anyways, I was hoping to copy the images onto my HDD, then mount them onto the virtual drives created by Daemon Tools so I don't have to use the CD-ROM ...

Can anyone give me some advice ?

you can use MagicISO to make iso file from your CDs.
    http://www.magiciso.com

Comment

If you want to make a legal image of your cd a good solution is the use of Alcohol 120%, Blindwrite can help to .

Olivier

Comment

Just a question. Why would you want to partition a hard drive into five partitions? If one large partition is for some reason too large, why did you buy such a large hard drive?

I see no reason for a lot of small partitions. And I always buy two hard drives of half size rather than one large hard drive. That way I can use one to back up the other.

Just my opinion.

Regards, jimbo

Comment

that just depends on how you use what kind of system, eh? My primary machine sports a proud total of eight partitions, and there's still unused HD space... Each of the partitions has a sort of 'primary purpose', i got one only for swap files, i got more than one OS... just depends on how you wanna have your machine look and act like, i'd say.

Comment

Working...
          X